IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Removing Search.conduit.com virus/malware

conduit

Hi Ron,

Conduit is designated malware, but in a very loose way because it redirects to its preferred supporters.

it is not a virus in the true sense.

you have downloaded another program using thier standard installer, which does not give you the option to ignore additional items.

Adobe is a prime example of this unless you >>Custom/Advanced<< install, Mcafee scan is included.

there are plenty of pages on google on how to remove this.

Roy

Hi RonSarpy,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

As scrd01 replied, Search.conduit.com is malware not virus. Thus, ASC Ultimate can not remove it.

You can try our IObit Malware Fighter to see whether it can remove it.

If it cannot, please just tell us what is the browser that you are using. Then we will find the method to remove it online.

scrd01, thanks for your timely and useful reply. :wink:

then why under the Care Scan feature is Malware Removal at the top of the list???

I use primarily Firefox 27. (hate FF after they messed with it). Sometimes Chrome (not very user friendly) and when I resort to IE it always open up to the Search.conduit.com as the home page. I tried removing all reference to it in Add On manager but it's still there when I open IE. Tried googling about it and seem to get nothing but MORE scams.

Archived