IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Vote For Your Favorite Driver Booster v2 Interface

Cicely

Vote For Your Favorite Driver Booster v2 Interface  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi All,

Driver Booster v2 will have a new interface.:-D Initially, we designed three kinds interface.

To help us choose the most popular interface, please give us your votes.

1) Prefer to design 1

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13670&stc=1&d=1398652320

2) Prefer to design 2

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13671&stc=1&d=1398652500

3)Prefer to design 3

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13672&stc=1&d=1398652547

Your votes will affect our final decision directly. Thus, do not hesitate to give your precious votes. :grin:

Hi Cicely,

If you insist to choose from the 3 alternatives, :lol:

Mine would be : Design 1, 3 (See the NOTE below.)

NOTE: IMHO, Bad, Worse and Worst are not suitable English words to describe Driver performance as they are used on the GUI.

Specially, worse (than something) and to a degree worst (of all) imply a comparison condition which is non existant in this case. Current state of the performance of a driver is static in definition.

I am not saying that the examples I give below are the correct ones, but I think they fit better.

Also Good should be added as the first condition of the driver performance if there is no need for a driver update.

Examples:

1) Good, Bad, Very Bad, and Extremely Bad

or

2) Good, Poor, Very Bad and Terrible

If you change those words to other than Bad, Worse and Worst, then, perhaps Design 3 could be my voting preference. :-P :lol:

Cheers.

Of the three provided designs to choose from, I would have to go with number three. And if the interface remains as is, using three words to describe the state of the hardware's drivers (however see next paragraph), then rather than use "Bad", "Worse" and "Worst", most certainly a more fitting choice of words is needed. And seeing that Magic[Hunter] has already "seconded" what enoskype had stated, I'll have to "third" it. :-)

Regarding the state of the hardware drivers, why are three words used anyway - according to your determination what is it that makes the driver "Bad", "Worse" or "Worst"? After Driver Booster performs its scan, wouldn't it be more to the point to just say the scanned drivers are "up to date" or "current", and "outdated" or "noncurrent" (or some such thing)?

A question: if I do not place a check in the box for "Only display drivers that have passed WHQL tests" what other drivers may then be displayed: are they those drivers which may be found on the particular hardware manufacturer's website?; or drivers from PC Desktop/Laptop manufacturers websites? And would I be correct in assuming that any and all drivers displayed are never drivers still in beta phase?

I am looking forward to all further improvements in version 2 of Driver Booster, its interface, and particularly in its functionality.

Have a good day all.

regards,

Laurence

Hi All,

Sincerely thanks for your votes.:wink:

@ enoskype, Magic[Hunter] and LaurenceJ, I will report your suggestion to our product team for consideration.

@all, welcome more suggestions and votes to help us make advisable decision.:mrgreen:

Both Ashish and Enoskype have a point. But I do not want that the screen be crammed up of product ads. Instead adding useful features like a driver update history or other important features could be added to fill the blank spaces.

I think all the three designs look pretty similar to that of the present version i.e more or the less all the four (the present UI and the choices) have not much of a difference except only a few.

Hope the new version has a different styled UI and more importantly has new features of use.

>>@dev3<<

EDIT: It is not right to say whether it is always Bad or worse or worst neither would it be good to say Perfect, Good , poor instead just use All updated, Almost updated, Critical.

Hi All,

Thanks for your feedbacks and suggestions. :wink:

I will report your suggestions to our product team.

As dev3 said, I also expect a completely new GUI with different style. :-D

• 2 weeks later...

@All, I think I have made a UI design using HTML. Is it ok if I post its screenshot as a suggestion in this forum for DB v2?

Looking forward to the reply of some others.

But this design isn't a window.

@dev3

@All, I think I have made a UI design using HTML. Is it ok if I post its screenshot as a suggestion in this forum for DB v2?

Looking forward to the reply of some others.

But this design isn't a window.

@dev3

I think that it is ok to post screenshot, created design is for a existent window?

Archived