IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Scheduled "Defrag and prioritize files" not working

ektorbarajas

Hi.

I'm using the latest stable version: 3.1.0.319 and noticed in two machines the same issue.

For both computers I've scheduled the "Defrag and prioritize files" to run every monday at 13:00

But for some reason that scheduled defrag won't happen, If I open the report it says that at 13:00 an "Automatic defrag" took place, but not the "Defrag and prioritize files" method.

Also I think it would be great for SD to have a better report, that will also record a log of each and every defrag, just to know at what time what was done.

Please help with this issue.

Thanks

@Ektorbarajas By the report do you mean the one in the SD window or the html? The HTML always says Defrag method Analyze if it was manual defrag and prioritize, I don't know about scheduled as I don't put automatic schedules in my PC.

>>@dev3<<

Hi ektorbarajas,

Thanks for your feedback.

To look into the issue, please check whether you ticked " Enable tooltips in systemtray" in General Settings. If you ticked the item, you will get notification when the Scheduled "Defrag and prioritize files" happens.

If you tick the item, but do not get the notification. Please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/SDInfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

As dev3 said, the HTML report of Smart Defrag always says Defrag method.

Thanks dev3's timely reply. ;-)

Hi ektorbarajas

As I understand you - you want to have the report of your scheduled defrag shown in the window of the automatic defrag?

It is not listed by itself as a possibility in the SD window I think

I tried running a scheduled defrag to test how it works, and I will have to say that no message was shown other than "Smart Defrag is still running in the background" and the notice that the scheduled defrag was about to start

BUT if you choose defrag and prioritize files, the amount of time used will give you a hint as to what is going on.

By me the defrag and prioritize took around 20 minutes, and that is much more than a plain defragmentation would use, I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi.

I'm using the latest stable version: 3.1.0.319 and noticed in two machines the same issue.

For both computers I've scheduled the "Defrag and prioritize files" to run every monday at 13:00

But for some reason that scheduled defrag won't happen, If I open the report it says that at 13:00 an "Automatic defrag" took place, but not the "Defrag and prioritize files" method.

Also I think it would be great for SD to have a better report, that will also record a log of each and every defrag, just to know at what time what was done.

Please help with this issue.

Thanks

Hi.

The HTML report indeed says automatic defrag, but according to the schedule it must be the "Defrag and prioritize" method, I think that has to be addressed.

Also with a previous SD 3 version when the scheduled defrag and prioritize ended, the main window indicated that a defrag and prioritize just took place (can't rememeber exactly at what tab and at what position, sorry).

I've SD3 with the default settings, and that means that "Enable tooltips in systemtray" is not checked. Do I still need to run that tool?

I will check it to see if that makes a difference.

But I'm still thingking that there must be some kind of log so that SD3 keeps record of the operations that it has performed, a log that could be accessed easily by the user, perhaps just a plain txt with the day, hour and task performed for 200, 300 or 500 events?

And that could be accessed with a simple click right from the main window.

Thanks

Hi ektorbarajas ,

Thanks for your suggestions. It sounds reasonable. I have reported to our product team. Hope we can make improvements in Smart Defrag 3.2 or Smart Defrag v4.

Currently, please tick " Enable tooltips in systemtray" in General Settings to say whether you will get the notification as I mentioned before.

@solbjerg, thanks for your timely reply. For the issue "I tried running a scheduled defrag to test how it works, and I will have to say that no message was shown ...", could you please describe it more clearly? Do you mean there is no notification in the system tray when SD does scheduled scan?

Looking forward to your reply. :-D

Hi.

Yesterday I tested by doing a manual defrag and prioritize, and guess what, the HTML report indeed says "defrag and prioritize" (attached is the report).

So I'm confused, since the scheduled defrag and prioritize ran on Monday at 13:00, the HTML report says "Automatic defrag" :?:

Hi Cicely

Sorry I thought I had explained.

I got a notification telling me that a scheduled defrag was about to start, and later I got a notification that the Smart Defrag was still running in the background.

But I got no notification that the scheduled defrag had finished.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi ektorbarajas ,

Thanks for your suggestions. It sounds reasonable. I have reported to our product team. Hope we can make improvements in Smart Defrag 3.2 or Smart Defrag v4.

Currently, please tick " Enable tooltips in systemtray" in General Settings to say whether you will get the notification as I mentioned before.

@solbjerg, thanks for your timely reply. For the issue "I tried running a scheduled defrag to test how it works, and I will have to say that no message was shown ...", could you please describe it more clearly? Do you mean there is no notification in the system tray when SD does scheduled scan?

Looking forward to your reply. :-D

Hi solbjerg,

Thanks for reply.

Yeah, there is no notification when scheduled defrag finished.

Perhaps, it should have notification, too. I will report it to our product team for consideration. :wink:

Archived