IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit Malware Fighter v2.3 Pro - false positive

Just performed a full scan of my Windows 7 32-bit system using Malware Fighter v2.3 Pro, and it detected 14 "Trojan.Generic" infections. I dabble in some Visual C# programming, and all 14 of these supposed exceptions are just sample programs that I created and compiled as part of an online computer programming course. They are definitely NOT Trojans. I was using Microsoft Visual C# 2005 Standard Edition at the time I created these programs. I have attached the report to this post.

Thanks,

Dave

IObit Malware Fighter

Version: 2.3.1.20

Define Version: 1345

Time Elapsed: 00:50:34

Objects Scanned: 85493

Threats Found: 14

Save Time: 6/7/2014 5:28:56 PM

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\Users\David R Slocum\Documents\MindLeaders\l_visc2\Labs\Lab2\Convert\obj\Debug\Convert.exe, 4117379

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\Users\David R Slocum\Documents\MindLeaders\l_visc2\Labs\Lab2\Convert\bin\Debug\Convert.exe, 4117379

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\Users\David R Slocum\Documents\Books\C# for Programmers examples\ch08_dev\fig08_07\RollDie\obj\Release\RollDie.exe, 4117379

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\Users\David R Slocum\Documents\Books\C# for Programmers examples\ch08_dev\fig08_07\RollDie\bin\Release\RollDie.exe, 4117379

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\Users\David R Slocum\Documents\Books\C# for Programmers examples\ch07_dev\fig07_07\RollDie\obj\Release\RollDie.exe, 4117379

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\Users\David R Slocum\Documents\Books\C# for Programmers examples\ch07_dev\fig07_07\RollDie\bin\Release\RollDie.exe, 4117379

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\Users\David R Slocum\Documents\Books\C# for Programmers examples\ch04_dev\fig04_15_16\Account\obj\Release\Account.exe, 4117379

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\Users\David R Slocum\Documents\Books\C# for Programmers examples\ch04_dev\fig04_15_16\Account\obj\Debug\Account.exe, 4117379

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\Users\David R Slocum\Documents\Books\C# for Programmers examples\ch04_dev\fig04_15_16\Account\bin\Release\Account.exe, 4117379

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\Users\David R Slocum\Documents\Books\C# for Programmers examples\ch04_dev\fig04_15_16\Account\bin\Debug\Account.exe, 4117379

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\Users\David R Slocum\Documents\Books\C# for Programmers examples\appC_dev\figC_01_02\Account\obj\Release\Account.exe, 4117379

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\Users\David R Slocum\Documents\Books\C# for Programmers examples\appC_dev\figC_01_02\Account\obj\Debug\Account.exe, 4117379

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\Users\David R Slocum\Documents\Books\C# for Programmers examples\appC_dev\figC_01_02\Account\bin\Release\Account.exe, 4117379

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\Users\David R Slocum\Documents\Books\C# for Programmers examples\appC_dev\figC_01_02\Account\bin\Debug\Account.exe, 4117379

Please follow the procedure!

Hi dave031387,

I have counted the # of files as 3. Although they may be false positives, they are flaged as malware, so please upload those 3 files to VirusTotal and give the analysis page links in your next post.

Also, zip them and upload the zip file to Wikisend and give the download link in your next post so IObit could further analyze and adjust the database.

You can use THIS post and/or THIS post as an example.

NOTE1: Please update your IMF to version 2.4.1. You can find the Download link in IObit Malware Fighter 2.4.1 (2.4.1.14) is released! [May 19, 2014] thread.

Also, updating the software in your Public Profile will be appreciated.

NOTE2 : I have replied to your former similar post HERE on Nov. 20th, 2013, but you have not followed the procedure. Please do so this time to get a response from IObit.

Cheers.

imf benchmark

I can understand Dave's point of view as he wrote the progs himself, and i suspect that any other malware prog would also detect them as possible threats

i am working on the assumption that apart from known malware any other UNKNOWN programmes that affect the system would be flagged as malware.

note

this might also point to a suggestion for the next version of IMF

an option to allow own programmes to be checkmarked as safe.

Roy

Hi scrd01,

Let's see first if they are flagged as malware by the others and also it is important to give the samples to IObit to investigate.

Otherwise, it is left in the air as before by dave031387.

Specific option suggestion is good, but would be unpredictable if used/moved in/to another PC.

Cheers.

Archived