IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

PC does not boot anymore after driver update

DJ-XP

Hello folks,

I used driver booster for my XP Fujitsu Siemens desktop (1Gb RAM, SP3 fully updated, ASC cleaned).

It worked in many instances but now my PC does not boot anymore after I updated a driver with Driver Booster for my (VIA?) video.

During boot after the first Windows start-up screen with black background I hear a 'click' and then it keeps rebooting without success.

Using F8 I tried all options from safe mode, start with previous settings, VGA etc.

Using the original XP repair disk I can get to a DOS-prompt and ran chkdsk with a repair, but without result. Running a restore with rstrui.exe is not possible from this DOS-prompt, becaue its limited in functionality.

Who could help me to reverse this Driver Booster driver update in order to be able to boot? (I obviously cannot use the restore function in Driver Booster without a system boot). Starting all over again is difficult with all the updates and Service Packs updating no longer supported by MS.

Best,

Diederik.

Who could help me to reverse this Driver Booster driver update in order to be able to boot?

Hit F8 on boot up again and go into safe mode. Then do system restore. You need to add a prayer that you have a good restore point automatically created. icon_smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Tried it all...

Hello all,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I indeed tried all options which came available duting F8 start-up including:

- start-up in VGA mode

- safe mode did not start as well

The only option which passed is going to a DOS-prompt but this does not support running programs, just the basic viewing, editing, deleting and renaming.

Can I do something else?

Bit weird that I run IOBIT program which ruins my computer and I cannot reverse it; bit bad publicity for Driver Booster that a reverse is not possible.

Now I have to throw the PC away if there is no option left ...

Please support me IOBIT! (ASC is perfect and I am a true believer 8:) and paid user, but this program is rather disappointing in this)

Best,

Diederik.

Archived