IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 7: google chrome very high memory usage

Hi.

Definitely ASC 7 screwed my google chrome :cry:

Befor using ASC 7 and applying the optimization settings, chome.exe memory usage was normal, now chome.exe processes use a very big amount of ram, for example:

At my work I have a Dell Optiplex 790, Windows 7 SP1 32-bit with 4 GB RAM.

I have Outlook, music bee, teamviewer, mp3tag and chrome open.

Chrome with 5 tabs and the memory ussage is between 900 MB to 1 GB! before using ASC the RAM usage never went that high, at most 600 MB (with 10 or more tabs).

I uninstalled ASC 7 and the chrome memory issue is still present.

So in home (which I also had ASC 7 and the same chrome issues) I decided to format and reinstall windows 7 :cry:

Now with a clean install chrome.exe memory usage issue is gone!

IObit, is there a way to fix what ASC screwed on my work computer? I don't want to reformat and reinstall! I have searched the web and IObit forums and could not find the solution to this issue.

Thanks

ektorbarajas

Optimisation settings and Internet Booster are two completely different items. It is important to describe the issue correctly to enable users to assist you.

Did you try the Restore function in Internet Booster to return the settings to what they were before Internet Booster changed them.

If that does not fix the issue, try a full system restore back to a time before the issue occurred. The system restore is in the Rescue Centre.

You could also look at the chrome settings on the computers which are ok, and put those settings into the computer(s) which have a problem.

Uninstalling ASC will not help, as it has already changed your internet settings and the changes will remain even after ASC is uninstalled.

Hi ektorbarajas ,

Thanks for your feedabcks.

As Scannan mentioned, system optimization and Internet Booster are different. Which one or both did you run before the issue? And you can try the restore function as Scannan mentioned to see whether the issue continues.

@Scannan, thanks for your timely assistance.:-D

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi Cicely, Scannan.

I tried by using the restore in "internet booster", with no result.

Currently I'm unable to use the system restore, since it has being a long time.

I'm even not using Chrome any more.

I don't know what ASC 7 has done to chrome, but definitely IOBit must be careful, so when a user decide to uninstall ASC 7 all the optimization and registry (and program) changes are reverted back.

It's a fact that ASC 7 internet booster screwed chrome.

Regards

Hi ektorbarajas,

Thanks for your reply.

To look into the issue, please give us the followsing details.

1) Please ensure that the issue happened after you run system optimization or Internet Booster.

2) Please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV7.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

I have a sort of similar issue: On start-up, I get 8 separate instances of Google. I don't have "Internet Booster", but I did do the "Boost Internet" and "System Optimization in ASC7.

It's not really a functional problem, as unless I'm actually using Chrome at a particular moment, none of the instances actually use any resource. It's mainly a cosmetic issue.

Hi Cicely.

I can confirm 100% that the issue happened after running ASC 7 System Optimization AND Internet booster (don't know for sure if the issue was just created by System Optimization, by Internet Booster or a combination of both).

Unfortunately I'm not able to run that diagnostic tool, since I've uninstalled ASC and don't have plans to install it again.

Mortrix927: that is normal. it's the way Chome works, by creating several chrome.exe processes, but what is not normal is that after running ASC 7 System optimization and/or Internet booster, each chrome.exe process takes 50 or 100% more ram than before!

At my computer work I'm no longer able to run Chrome.exe, because as I mentioned in my first post, it eats a lot of ram and eventually my system runs out of memory and lot of issues starts to happen :|

It's important to note that on my work computer, reinstalling chrome has not fixed the issue, and I don't want to format and reinstall windows.

ektorbarajas

Firstly, reinstalling chrome will make no difference, as Internet Booster changes the settings for your internet connection/operation and not the settings of your browser.

Did you try my previous suggestion, of looking at the internet settings of your unaffected computers and putting these settings in your affected computers.

I do not understand why you have uninstalled ASC, when all you need to do is not use the Internet Booster function and the system optimisation function, and you still have the benefit of all the other very useful tools in ASC.

Hi Scannan.

Where do I find such internet settings?

If those settings are from chrome, then a clean uninstalls, and reinstall should fix the issue.

I uninstalled ASC 7 since using it at full generated a very annoying issue with my computers.

I'm aware that I can use other ASC 7 tools, and not use System Optimization and internet booster, but my main reason to use ASC 7 was those two features

Regards

Ektobarajas

If you still have ASC on the unaffected computers, you cound look at the .ini file in the Internet Booster folder. On my machine it is in c:documents and settings/user name/application data/Iobit/ASC6/Internet Booster.

The .ini file should tell you the present settings.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived