IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Predict the Champion of 2014 World Cup to Win IObit Codes

Cicely

I apologize for any inconvenience, in contest was not written that only one prediction is accepted.

Hope that in the future will be organized contests.

I chose Advanced System Care Ultimate, Driver Booster and Advanced Mobile Care Premium.

Thank You!

Competitions

Hi Cicely

First I want to say that I do not think that moderators or administrators should be considered for prizes concerning free licences in these kinds of competition. Please give mine to someone more needy.

Next: My guess about Germany was formed after the eighth-finals (octofinals) when only 8 teams remained.

I think this is a point in time where a guess is appropriate

That is to say before the quarter-finals

The idea may have some merit in generating interest for IObit. even though it does not seem to have given rise to many posts.

Keep up the good work Cicely!

Cheers

solbjerg

I apologize for any inconvenience, in contest was not written that only one prediction is accepted.

Hope that in the future will be organized contests.

I chose Advanced System Care Ultimate, Driver Booster and Advanced Mobile Care Premium.

Thank You!

Octavian

You are quite correct in saying that it was not stated that only one prediction is allowed. However, I think that in all things a certain amount of common sense is expected, and in this case common sense would suggest that it would not be correct to make a prediction and then when your team is beaten you get to make another prediction. Especially when it is so close to the final and the odds are greatly reduced. There is also a moral aspect, and it would seem that you believe you are justified in your action. If you had made the same prediction with a bookmaker, you could not have asked them to change your prediction if your team was beaten. You would have had to place a new bet with much much less attractive odds.

Personally, I do not believe you should receive the prize. However, I think that as there were not many entries in the competition that Iobit are being very generous and rewarding you for taking part. In future I trust you will be guided by what is fair and right.

Hi Cicely

First I want to say that I do not think that moderators or administrators should be considered for prizes concerning free licences in these kinds of competition. Please give mine to someone more needy.

Next: My guess about Germany was formed after the eighth-finals (octofinals) when only 8 teams remained.

I think this is a point in time where a guess is appropriate

That is to say before the quarter-finals

The idea may have some merit in generating interest for IObit. even though it does not seem to have given rise to many posts.

Keep up the good work Cicely!

Cheers

solbjerg

Solbjerg

I would like to commend you on your action, in offering your prize to a more needy user. It is heartening to see such a nice gesture.

Scannan you are right.

Cicely, I refuse prize.

In other contest I will be more careful and I ask if something is not clear.

Octavian

I do not think it is necessary for you to refuse the prize. As I said, there were not many participants in the competition, and you showed great interest, and I think Iobit are correct to give you the prize, because of your commitment, and participation.

I made my point in the hope that it would help to avoid future misunderstanding. I am sure that Cicely will agree and that you will be given the prize, and that you will get great use from it.

Hi Scannan, solbjerg and Octavian,

Thanks for all your reply. :-D

@Scannan and Octavian, I agree with both of you. But it is also my fault that I did not give a rigorous rule. As Scannan mentioned there were not many entries in the competition, I am happy to present the license codes that you want to thanks for your activity and long term support in our forum. :-D I will send you the license codes by PM. Do forget to share IObit to your friends and family. :wink:

@solbjerg, you are so generous.:-D If you think some one else in our forum is worthy the prize, please just tell me. I will give the " gift" on behalf of you. :mrgreen:

@Scannan and Octavian, I agree with both of you. But it is also my fault that I did not give a rigorous rule. As Scannan mentioned there were not many entries in the competition, I am happy to present the license codes that you want to thanks for your activity and long term support in our forum. :-D I will send you the license codes by PM. Do forget to share IObit to your friends and family. :wink:

@solbjerg, you are so generous.:-D If you think some one else in our forum is worthy the prize, please just tell me. I will give the " gift" on behalf of you. :mrgreen:

Thank You! very much.:-D

I will share IObit to family, friends.

hi Cicely

Unfortunately I do not know who the needy ones are :-)

Due to age-induced laziness I am not especially active in the forum anymore - also I still use XP and are therefore a bit out of the loop.

Those that merits an acknowledgement are those kind people that try to assist other users - or those that give good advice to people or to the company - please find someone you can give a gift, you have your finger on the pulse I think.

Or perhaps enoskype will know a candidate :-)

Thank you!

Cheers

solbjerg.

Hello everyone! If I may, I would like to comment. First it was an exciting World Cup! As for future suggestions, a modification of 'rules of competition' would be forthcoming - i.e a particular time/date to start and a date/ time to end.

Pertaining to the World Cup or any other 'World' competition (Winter or Summer Olympics where everyone is involved), when you are asked to make your choice, it should be obvious (one word or two) so as not to cause confusion or misconstrue your pick. One pick only and you can't change it. Once the deadline has been reached a list of people with their choices should be saved and disseminated to the Forum with the date/time e.g "Here is our list of participants with their choices for the ......". This so everyone can see who participated in the competition with their choices.

The above, as mentioned are only suggestions. As far as who receives prizes - if the moderators here are compensated in any way - free products, etc. then, yes they can participate but not receive a prize if they win. Otherwise, if they are just giving their time and expertise moderating the board and not receiving any compensation for their time and expertise or otherwise providing themselves with 'inside knowledge' to the competition, then I would think they can win just like everyone else - just my opinion. Otherwise this type of thing is good to involve everyone.

Leeman

Archived