IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Update Driver Booster to v2.4 & Get the Latest News

Cicely

Hi a.puerta 16,

Welcome to IObit Forum! And thank you for sharing your opinion on Driver Booster :)

Do you mean your PRO version of Driver Booster detected less outdated drivers than DriverTheLife? If yes, could you please help us check further as below?

1. What the missing drivers are? (You can send us the screenshot of the scan result of other driver update tools)

2. Download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop

3. Send us the zip file & missing drivers names or screnshots to dbfeedback@iobit.com with your post link.

And please allow me to do some explanation, we don’t display the outdated drivers which may cause serious PC problem after updating. And we are keeping to expand our database urgently now. Driver Booster will support more devices for driver updates ASAP.

As for the feedback system problem you mentioned, we just improve it. Users can send us feedback more easily.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha funny you remove my comment. @Snuffy seriously never think what he said. So sad. What to do. A big fanatic Iobit fans. Your father company? LOL!

@Cicely No I mean the crappy DB2 Pro detected less newer update driver than the free DriverTheLife. For example DB2 detected 2nd new Intel HD graphics driver and DriverTheLife detected the most newer ones. There are few other driver which DB2 missed but I'm lazy to type here. Only drawback DriverTheLife is a little bit slow though....

@apuerta16, I see why you used another FREE, that is not what you originally stated. yes, i also have had some issues with DB. but when there is an issue it is nice to allow the to post as accurate as possible what happened.. I for one on several systems that I use DB on. have never had more than 1 driver missed, and that is mostly due to NVidia # change. I also had to not allow several time the REALTEK Ethernet driver... which locked(froze) the system. I use IOBit and recommend to many many novice to use, it is FREE it has a very good ratio of find to not find, (No, this is not my Father Company).

As always, on does not have to use any FREE Company, that is your choice. to use or not to use...

@ IOBit

the issue with Realtek driver has been fixed, there has not been another issue with this. the issue with NVidia driver has been fixed, i found the User had also checked to allow NVidia Beta Drivers, and this caused a major issue... I corrected that once I found (so it really was not a IOBit issue.)

To all have a happy - I will.:)

Hello all I'm new here.

I've created this account to specifically address a.puerta16 comments. While I'm not adverse to a bit of forum bashing for software company's that deserve it, in this case it's not justified.

Please understand where I'm coming from, I am definitely not a fanboy and I'm not here to unnecessarily sing the praises of Drive Booster, I just wanted to say what my own experience with this software is and let you make up your own mind.

I have tried all the driver update programs you have mentioned in your posts ( Drive Booster, DriveTheLife, Drivermax, SlimDrivers) and yes both DrivetheLife and Drivermax found several more up-to-date drivers than Drive Booster did, but herein lies the problem, in both cases my computer system was completely trashed. For example my most recent dalliance was with Drivermax, I installed all the driver updates it suggested and my internet connection didn't work, my printer stopped working, my SSD drive no longer worked, and my external hard drive did not work, and there was a similar story with DriveTheLife.

While I except that I've only tested them on my one computer for me Drivermax and DriveTheLife are not fit for purpose, I can't really comment on SlimDrivers because I had already run Drive Booster prior to installing SlimDrivers and it didn't find anything extra that needed updating.

As for Drive Booster when I first installed it, it found 17 drivers that needed updating, I updated them all and after a reboot my system worked perfectly in fact it worked better than before, and all the updates it has found since have also worked perfectly. So to sum up it matters not if another driver update program finds shinier newer drivers if those drivers trash your system or inhibit normal function. It seems to me as though IOBit must spend a lot of time investigating the stability of each new driver it adds to its database.

Both you and the rest of the public are entitled to use any software you/they want both good and bad, but it only takes a little effort and investigation to weed out the chaff, which makes for a happier computing experience.

Please note I am not connected with IOBit or Drive Booster in any way, I'm just a humble user.

Hi MC Fat Tongue

Welcome to the Forum.

Thank you for the feedback and your effort to be impartial. It is greatly appreciated.

Sadly user a.puerta16 ignored all requests to desist from confrontational and disrespectful content, and has now been Banned.

This Forum will never censor any opinion whether positive or negative as long as it is done in a non-confrontational and or disrespectful manner.

It is just as easy to get a point across and be respectful of other users, which you have done admirably well in your post.

We look forward to hearing from you again in the Forum.

If what I guess is right, the user a.puerta16 who joined the forum in 2007 was banned just because she said that she used another free driver updating and managing program called DriveTheLife? LOL... I think better program deserves recommendation. We should have free right to say and share what we like, isn't it?

bqvyrihv

Just in case you missed Scannan's comment about a.puerta16 being banned.

"Sadly user a.puerta16 ignored all requests to desist from confrontational and disrespectful content, and has now been Banned.

This Forum will never censor any opinion whether positive or negative as long as it is done in a non-confrontational and or disrespectful manner.

It is just as easy to get a point across and be respectful of other users."

A.T.

If what I guess is right, the user a.puerta16 who joined the forum in 2007 was banned just because she said that she used another free driver updating and managing program called DriveTheLife? LOL... I think better program deserves recommendation. We should have free right to say and share what we like, isn't it?

Hi bqvyrlhv

Welcome to the Forum.

a.puerta 16 was not banned for mentioning another driver program, but for her comments regarding another user and her confrontational attitude in general.

If you look at the list of sub-forums you will see that we have a forum for Other Software where users can comment on other software programs. We also have a general discussion forum.

a.puerta 16 was given every opportunity to alter her attitude but sadly declined to do so. Banning is used reluctantly and as a very last resort on this Forum.

So far on the 7 computer that i have running - testing DB2.x seems not major issue, problem with modem has been resolved and not issue as of now... Thanks for the fix...

testing on Dell, MS, HP, Acer and homebrew systems... DBr does not always pick the most latest drivers, but i have found NVida and Intel drivers are usually found in next day or 2 day), and As I tell most of my testers, (If its not broken do not fix) and I have them set a RESTORE Point just in case... always nice to restore if something get broken....NO is perfect and I also test several other programs,

My choice, but i also do not post what is good or bad about another product... I feel the BAD or GOOD needs to be addressed to the proper place... and NVidia is you ask wrong at source you might get Beta drivers, while I have never seen a beta driver from DB... Thanks DB 2 for what YOU DO.

I have to admit that the "Extremely Bad" message in big red letters seems like a stretch and is a bit off-putting. Maybe "There are updates for five drivers available" would be a better way to say it? Otherwise, great program, like all your other software.

• 2 weeks later...
I have to admit that the "Extremely Bad" message in big red letters seems like a stretch and is a bit off-putting. Maybe "There are updates for five drivers available" would be a better way to say it? Otherwise, great program, like all your other software.

Hi bnjroo,

"Extremely Bad" is actrually "Extremely Old" now. Do you mean this expression is sitll "off-putting"? If yes, I will forward it to our product team :)

• 2 weeks later...

Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 and Realtek drivers again fail - download goes to 99% then set there, this time for almost 1 hours. all during supper time, had to unplyg the computer, to get it to STOP.

then had to force it to restart - then allow M$ to install a DEFAULT Driver... then manually go to ReakTek site and get 8.37.1119.2014 to install..

• 1 month later...

While you're at it you can contact AVAST Internet Security too, because I noticed few weeks ago they were detecting Advanced SystemCare as a 'PUP' - Potentially Unwanted Program - and removing it from one of my computers. And i had the 'Pro' version of ASC on that computer. They may have since corrected this false positive but it would not hurt to make that clear with them, IMHO. Some security products, when they create detection signatures for PUP's, will just automatically delete these programs they think are malware.

• 3 weeks later...

Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 and Realtek drivers again fail - download goes to 99% then set there, this time for almost 1 hours. all during supper time, had to unplug the computer, to get it to STOP.

then had to force it to restart - then allow M$ to install a DEFAULT Driver... then manually go to ReakTek site and get 8.37.1119.2014 to install..

reference, I do not allow Driver 2 to do any Realtec drivers, it is just easier that way, and causes less issues with me or any clients - most of them do not do any updates, until I do them for for them,

they are scared to click since more than one clicked and "WOOPS" it not long is FREE, and simply to unplug the computer can cause issues....

FREE is to be FREE and most of my clients are OLDER and simply say Love the programs FREE but scared to use.... so they wait until I come over or they call and ask for me to do all the updates.

Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 and Realtek drivers again fail - download goes to 99% then set there, this time for almost 1 hours. all during supper time, had to unplug the computer, to get it to STOP.

reference, I do not allow Driver 2 to do any Realtec drivers, it is just easier that way, and causes less issues with me or any clients - most of them do not do any updates, until I do them for for them,

they are scared to click since more than one clicked and "WOOPS" it not long is FREE, and simply to unplug the computer can cause issues....

FREE is to be FREE and most of my clients are OLDER and simply say Love the programs FREE but scared to use.... so they wait until I come over or they call and ask for me to do all the updates.

@Snuffy

Please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com with your post link.

We will check it asap. Thanks a lot.

• 5 weeks later...

This is still a problem as of today (June 20). After downloading from Cicely's link above Norton 360 Premier Edition immediately removes the file. If I go into Norton and ask it to restore, then do the install, Norton then quarantines about 4 files, resulting in an incomplete installation.

Suggestions to make DR the BEST driver updater!

I've probably used all of the major recommended driver update programs - so from that experience I would like to see the following in the next DB - it will be the best then!

1. If you can somehow reverse engineer the Driver Detective update engine - that program consistently has near perfect discovery of outdated drivers.

2. Have the option of creating a Windows System Restore point for EACH driver installed, instead of JUST one at the beginning of usage. This is important in case only one of the updates is bad, and the Windows driver rollback doesn't work (I've had that happen).

3. Have the ability to backup the drivers to a separate file; external drive; or CD

4. Have the ability to delete unused drivers for devices no longer used.

Thank You!

Hopefully they will add this for version 3 that is now in beta testing.