IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 7.4 totally took out my Spotify - [SOLVED]

spotify95

I ran the shortcut cleanup on advanced system care 7.4 free and it totally wiped out my Spotify. I had to reinstall it.

Even after reinstalling it still tries to delete it. I have had to disable the shortcut cleanup until this issue is fixed

This issue was not present in ASC 7.3 Free.

I have had this issue on another version in the past (version 5, I think?) so this is not the first time.

Guess I will not be upgrading to a later version or a paid version if this issue will not be fixed

Please help me resolve this, thanks :)

I ran the shortcut cleanup on advanced system care 7.4 free and it totally wiped out my Spotify. I had to reinstall it.

Even after reinstalling it still tries to delete it. I have had to disable the shortcut cleanup until this issue is fixed

This issue was not present in ASC 7.3 Free.

I have had this issue on another version in the past (version 5, I think?) so this is not the first time.

Guess I will not be upgrading to a later version or a paid version if this issue will not be fixed

Please help me resolve this, thanks :)

Hi spotify95,

Sorry for the trouble.:-(

Do you mean the shortcut fix option under the Care module or the Shortcut Fixer in the Toolbox?

For looking into the issue, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV7.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop�. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop and please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi spotify95,

Sorry for the trouble.:-(

Do you mean the shortcut fix option under the Care module or the Shortcut Fixer in the Toolbox?

For looking into the issue, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV7.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktopâ€�. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop and please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hello, thanks for the reply.

It was when I ran the "Shortcuts Fix" under the Care section of ASC 7.4. That was when it removed my spotify.

I think I have attached the debug but I don't know if I have or not (new to this forum)

Thank you again for your help :)

Hello, thanks for the reply.

It was when I ran the "Shortcuts Fix" under the Care section of ASC 7.4. That was when it removed my spotify.

I think I have attached the debug but I don't know if I have or not (new to this forum)

Thank you again for your help :)

Hi spotify95,

To send us the report, please click the Upload Attachments icon [ATTACH=CONFIG]n192469[/ATTACH]on the right top of the post reply box.

Thanks for your work.

Hi there,

Please upload the attachment to https://www.sendspace.com/, and then tell us the download link of it.

Hello,

Thank you for providing that link, much appreciated. I'm new to this forum and haven't got a clue on how to get the attachment to work

The link is: https://www.sendspace.com/file/p85e2x

Thank you once again for your help :)

Hello,

Thank you for providing that link, much appreciated. I'm new to this forum and haven't got a clue on how to get the attachment to work

The link is: https://www.sendspace.com/file/p85e2x

Thank you once again for your help :)

Hi spotify95,

To further look into the issue, please check whether spotify.exe is under the directory: C:\Users\Dougie\AppData\Roaming\Spotify

If spotify.exe is not under this directory, then spotify may be damaged, please repair your spotify.

If spotify.exe is under this directory, then please check whether it can be run, if it runs normally, then please right click on the icon and send to desktop shortcut, at last, tick Shortcut Fix in the Scan module in ASC and run a scan to check whether it can be scanned out.

Thanks for your work.

Hi spotify95,

To further look into the issue, please check whether spotify.exe is under the directory: C:\Users\Dougie\AppData\Roaming\Spotify

If spotify.exe is not under this directory, then spotify may be damaged, please repair your spotify.

If spotify.exe is under this directory, then please check whether it can be run, if it runs normally, then please right click on the icon and send to desktop shortcut, at last, tick Shortcut Fix in the Scan module in ASC and run a scan to check whether it can be scanned out.

Thanks for your work.

Hello,

Just checked and Spotify.exe is in the directory that you suggested.

I know that it runs, as I used Spotify only yesterday (about 2 weeks after the issue started?)

I created a desktop shortcut and ran the shortcut fix. Don't know whether it scanned the shortcut or not but it didn't report of any Spotify issues.

Thank you once again for your time.:)

Hello,

Just checked and Spotify.exe is in the directory that you suggested.

I know that it runs, as I used Spotify only yesterday (about 2 weeks after the issue started?)

I created a desktop shortcut and ran the shortcut fix. Don't know whether it scanned the shortcut or not but it didn't report of any Spotify issues.

Thank you once again for your time.:)

Hi spotify95,

Do you mean that the issue did not occur again?

Hi spotify95,

Do you mean that the issue did not occur again?

Hello,

I can confirm that the issue is now resolved, as I have just run a scan today (including the shortcut fixer) and there have been no more spotify issues.

Thank you for your time, patience (I didn't get the notifiers immediately) and most importantly, your help. :)

Hello,

I can confirm that the issue is now resolved, as I have just run a scan today (including the shortcut fixer) and there have been no more spotify issues.

Thank you for your time, patience (I didn't get the notifiers immediately) and most importantly, your help. :)

Hi spotify95,

Good news from you. ;-);-);-)

Cheers!

Archived