IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

False Positives and other ASC Matters - Feedback

red devil

I used ASC in various upgrades for quite a while and in every version false positives, as I now know, were reported every time I checked drivers. Whenever it was run, it reported my sound drivers as out of date and I should install XXXX. Which I did until the next check, same problem. "Your realtek drivers are out of ................................... etc" So I eventually bought ASC Ultimate which not only reported the same thing but also my registry cleaning, which I think is important was reporting XXX errors and were 'fixed'. So I ran it again within a minute, still errors in there, and again.

I eventually got rid of most of my iobit products and used something else, and surprise surprise, some faults, were fixed, never came back again.

I bought Smart Defrag Pro 3 because I like tidy drives, but now, on a brand new 8.1 quad core intel i7 pc, I have an SDD hybrid drive and getting conflicting info on the suitability of defrag programmes on such hardware. Nearly everywhere I look says do not use. I also have two other SATA drives connected, so it can still be of use, but windows defrag is probably better for the peripheral drives. I have now formed the view that SDD, even hybrid, must not be touched by degraggers, so my C is now disconnected from SD3 Pro. I have also disabled disk scan until I KNOW for certain its alright to use.

One programme I do like, however, is iobit uninstaller but even that gets critics who say oh no you should use Revo or something.

So anyway, along comes ASC8 beta 1, did not have much time to try it out due to other things, but noted spelling errors in Care and the driver checker did NOT report Realek needs updating - score iobit 1-0 on that one.

Now I have just installed ASC 8 Beta 2.0 and like the new look and the number of facilities its offers. I began to check and tweak some of the sections and found that my desktop was actually locked, nothing would open when I clicked an icon. So I had to reboot and it all came back. That's never happened before.

My copy of Malwarebytes PRO covers all my requirements in that field and AVG Internet Security 2014 replaced KIS 2013 which also served up problems in none detection of some items which MWB killed dead. So, I need a software that keeps my pc clean from clutter, running at optimum speed, no false positives and 8.2 is looking like it might be heading in that direction but still some more testing to do. ASC never did one thing it should - stopping me downloading something thats got adware built in, AVG does that.

Hi red devil,

Thanks for your feedback. We will try our best to improve our products to better care your PC.

Could you please re-scan with ASC v8 beta 2.0 to see whether the issue you mentioned will happen again?

If does, please let us know so that we can check for you.

Thanks for your work and patience.

Archived