IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How can I get rid of the trial version for the free version? [ANSWERED]

Jackdashack

I have AVC7 on an XP machine. A red button at the top has appeard saying EXPIRED. I assume by some mistake on that particular pc I must have downloaded the trial for a year. So how do I get back to the free version. I am pretty sure once I tried uninstalling it but when I tried to install the free version it came back as the trial version. A support person told me some files to delete but she gave me files for a Win 7 and 8 pc which are not resident on an XP machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The program still works. What does EXPIRED mean? Does it mean no more updates or just what? Thanks! Jack ":-\\

Hi Jackdashack,

To get back to the free version, please follow the steps to do a clean install of Advanced SystemCare 7:

1) Close and exit the current version that is running on your computer. If the Advanced SystemCare icon is in system tray, please right click it and select Exit to exit program.

2) Uninstall the program, and delete all program files and directories. Usually, such files are put in:

- C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 7 (for 32-bit computer)

- C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 7 (for 64-bit computer)

- %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7

3) Reboot your computer.

4) Download the latest Advanced SystemCare 7.4 here:

http://www.iobit.com/downloadcenter.php?product=advanced-systemcare

Thanks for your work.

EXPIRED is to remind that the time to use ASC as PRO is finished.

It could either be after the expiration date of the trial period, or after the pro license time is finished. It does not effect to the performance of the program.

I would uninstall ASC (deep with the registry entries cleaned) with IObit Uninstaller 4 and then control the locations Cicely mentioned if there are any residues left. Especially license.dat file and other folders for ASC7 @:

"C:\ProgramData\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7"

"C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7"

"C:\Users\All Users\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7"

"C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7"

Install ASC 7.4 from the link Cicely has provided. It should show as FREE instead of EXPIRED.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried this and no workie several days ago. I put it away for a few days and now I have come back to it reading your instructions again. So I did an explorer search of this XP. I did that search on C:// using the word Advance ... Got lots of hits. Some were hard to get rid of. Using the program UNLOCKER I deleted them. Others would not go away even after Unlocker reported they were deleted so I RENAMED them within Locker changing the extension to DEAD. lol . Did a final search of the Registry using the word Advance. It found 2 but they were not from ACS 7, so they were left intact. Rebooted, downloaded from the link above and installed. Success!!!! My finding is that doing the explorer search found, as you mentioned, many hits on the word Advanced. But many folders and files were stubborn and I had to use the Unlocker program to delete and rename them. Even some ASC setup log files I deleted. Thanks for you all for guiding me through this. Jack ":-Dx (Any way to mark SOLVED or give KUDOS?)

Archived