IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Chip Identity (need to find a driver)

dariom007

Hello dariom

Don't you have a manual for your motherboard?

If not you have to provide much more information about your computer.

Wasn't it a bit premature to remove a processor driver before having found another?

What is the driver for? Power saving or what? The cpu as such doesn't need a driver.

Can you get into your bios?

Cheers

solbjerg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello guys! i am for the first time on this forum and i am in a really big trouble!!! i uninstaled processor driver and i dont have it on a cd. i need to find out my chipset model and where to find a driver. can you help me,please!...anybody...

Hi dariom007,

Please do not post the same thing more than once.

All other posts of the same and replys are moved here.

You have to go to the manufacturers web site to find a solution.

fx.,

If you are using Intel, go to their web site and look for "Intel® Processor ID Utility" program, and after identifying, look for corresponding driver there for that particular Chipset.

Cheers.

Who's got my driver?

Hi 007-to find your chipset(and everything else) that's inside your pc,do this(for XP ) go to start-all programs-accessories-system tools-system information-this window includes many drop menus-In addition to accessing the chip manufacture's website,you could go to your pc manufacturer's website,and navigate your way to drivers-in some cases-your individual pc 's build info will come up(this is true of Dell) and a list of recommended driver downloads.Funny part here is,even though Dell can identify my pc all the way down to it's current computer name,they can not identify what drivers I have chosen to update over the course of ownership-hence,the driver list will be generic in nature, but still specific to the model number and build-hope this helps

Archived