IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

This product doesn't completely hide files. Do not buy it!!

barri

I was shocked and angered when another person using my computer, hit the start button (Stardock - Start8) in Windows 8.1 and did a search and one of my files in a protected folder appeared. I then found another program that was completely free (Winmend) that didn't do this. Why should I pay an annual license for a program that doesn't work as stated? For those that have a replacement start button in Win 8.1 (or using Win 7), try it. Type the first 3 or 4 letters of a file that is in a protected folder and see what happens. This maybe through the use of a third party start button but whatever the reason this isn't good enough for a paid product.

I haven't changed any setting or tried to change a setting. I simply installed the program and used its default settings. Isn't that the way it should be? It hides the folder but when you have files that you not only don't want someone to read but you don't want anyone to know the files are there, then we have a problem. I have given up and uninstalled it and loaded a free program that does exactly what I want. I find the options puzzling. If you can run a program then its not hidden. Some might like this flexibility but all I want is a folder that cannot be seen or accessed.

Hi barri,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please don’t worry. Even the files or folder can be searched out, one cannot open them unless accessing the Protected Folder. However, I will forward this issue to our product team and we will make improvements in future.

Thanks for your understanding.

• 10 months later...

I have come across this issue and ask that it be fixed.

I have Protected Folder, and Start Menu 8. I went through the trouble of disabling windows search indexing and deleting the windows search index. This does not prevent Start Menu 8 from discovering the files that I wish to have hidden. Correct they cannot be successfully opened with this method. But this is irrelevant because it is DISCOVERY of these files that will cause damage, not access.

Archived