IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What's with this crazy pop-up

Seadrift

Having used AWC2 right through to ASC3 all of a sudden I am getting this crazy pop-up.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t164/imagineer_2007/2008-11-25_151304.png

Quite frankly the claims being made on it are outrageous (500% increase in internet speed) and the implication that the free version is leaving so many matters outstanding means that it is no longer worth the space it is taking up on my hard drive.

None of my other optimizers come up with such ridiculous figures for attention.

It used to be claimed that the Pro version added a few extra tweaks and settings and was largely for commercial users , this pop-up implies that you need the pro version to do the job that you thought that the free version was doing.

Making such overinflated claims for any product will never persuade me to buy it under any circumstances.

Please seadrift

How did you install the program?

Did you throw out everything related to the previous?

This twist of effects following an install I haven't seen before.

If you want the exclusive pro possibilities, you have to buy the pro version. After all it it a company that is in business to make money :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Having used AWC2 right through to ASC3 all of a sudden I am getting this crazy pop-up.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t164/imagineer_2007/2008-11-25_151304.png

Quite frankly the claims being made on it are outrageous (500% increase in internet speed) and the implication that the free version is leaving so many matters outstanding means that it is no longer worth the space it is taking up on my hard drive.

None of my other optimizers come up with such ridiculous figures for attention.

It used to be claimed that the Pro version added a few extra tweaks and settings and was largely for commercial users , this pop-up implies that you need the pro version to do the job that you thought that the free version was doing.

Making such overinflated claims for any product will never persuade me to buy it under any circumstances.

solbjerg

As always I installed over the top of the earlier version in the knowledge that in doing so the install process always requests to auto-uninstall the earlier version before installation can commence.

I can do a Revo-uninstall of absolutely everything and then a clean install if that will help.

I have no objection to a company being in business to make money,it's what makes the world go round (or at least it did until a couple of months ago),but I do think that the claims being made on the said pop-up are grossly over inflated and are little more than a sales pitch to try and get you to buy the "paid for" version.

I have seen this time and time again with registry cleaners on the web offering a free scan (with results in the hundreds)but will only clean a minimum number or items unless you buy the program.

The many free and well respected cleaners available do not find anything like the same number of problems.

ok seadrift

Often it is also ok to install over the top as you express it, but sometimes the best course og action is to do a clean install.

The inherent pressure from a company that offers a free version of it's product, to buy the pro version, - is a fact of life.

And I even think that IObit is not as aggesssive as many.

They fx. have a totally free SmartDefrag.

And I am of the opinion that if one isn't an almost expert in computer management, one should choose the free version.

Later as one's knowledge expands it might be prudent to choose the Pro option.

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg

As always I installed over the top of the earlier version in the knowledge that in doing so the install process always requests to auto-uninstall the earlier version before installation can commence.

I can do a Revo-uninstall of absolutely everything and then a clean install if that will help.

I have no objection to a company being in business to make money,it's what makes the world go round (or at least it did until a couple of months ago),but I do think that the claims being made on the said pop-up are grossly over inflated and are little more than a sales pitch to try and get you to buy the "paid for" version.

I have seen this time and time again with registry cleaners on the web offering a free scan (with results in the hundreds)but will only clean a minimum number or items unless you buy the program.

The many free and well respected cleaners available do not find anything like the same number of problems.

Yes Seadrift

A feedback is always welcome, - knowledge is power as they say!

Cheers

solbjerg

I have now done a complete un-install using Revo un-installer and a clean reinstall using a fresh file downloaded from Iobit's own site so we shall see if there is any recurrence of the pop-up.

Hi solbjerg,

Those wordings exist in the English.lng.

It is a decent ASC 3 window. [W_Register]

The gain is estimation, but think about Deep Registry clean, combination of different PC and connection types, Optimization extras, Automation, scheduling, resulting increased speed, cleaning and defragmentation (Defrag&Optimize), defrag and hive cleaning of registry, TCP/IP optimization according to types, and it is a possibility if you choose the max. optimization for a certain type of PC usage (I don't know which one though) for this particular PC.

Cheers.

ASC 3 (Free) upgrade prompt

After some scans I get a prompt to upgrade to the Pro version, which is fair enough.

However, the prompt claims that if I do so, my PC will gain an estimated:

135% speed

53% reliability (what does this mean anyway)

435% increase in internet speed.

Surely this is rubbish, and just a sales pitch?

free vs. pro

Hi Hawker I'm in no way going to back those numbers because they can't be proven-however,the pro version is the way to go-many more options for fine tuning your OS-you are aware that's a paid version($20)for one pc? In my opinion,it's worth it when you look at what else is out there-I evaluate a lot of stuff,and this looks to be a pretty good bang for your buck. I would suggest,however,that you read through this forum to see what issues have been raised and evaluate those against your pc and OS. Most problems are general in nature and easily remedied,but there have been some very "specific" issues that are still being addressed-so, in general,I'd say cough up the twenty bucks-but it's your call-hope this helped--on a final note,I am in no way affiliated with Iobit

Hi garybear,

You're in the right place. I agree that AWC/ASC is one of the niftiest little utility apps out there. I also agree with the others about the advertising hype. I think those claims actually hurt IObit's credibility with people who have any experience. That and the "one click fix" claim. I'd even like to see the optimization tweaks default to some less aggressive settings; we'd likely see fewer of the "ASC broke my computer" posts.

That said, AWC did double my Internet speed. When I was on a 3mbit DSL line I was only seeing 1.5 - 1.8mbit at SpeedTest.net. After a run of AWC Pro2, I went right to 3+mbit. Immediately. I'm on a 6mbit line now and regularly test at 6.5mbit. With improvements like that you don't need hyperbole.

Archived