IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows 8.1 , Native app won't work after a full scan and repair

TimYao

I just have a Windows 8.1 PC.

And I installed ASC v8 Free this morning.

After an full scan with auto-repaired, I found Windows 8 Native App cannot work.

LINE, Skype, even Setting won't work at all.

Click an icon, and Windows 8 start will soon show out. No app active.

After system restore, there is still something wrong.

LINE will show the login screen but later it disappear.

Hi TimYao,

Welcome to IObit Forum.:-)

To help you out of the issue, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV8.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop and please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks for your work.

• 1 month later...

I had this issue in the past, could never figure out what cause it. ASC was installed at that time. Had to re-install entire OS.

Fast forward some months, PC running fine, windows apps working, no ASC installed.

Download ASC last night, did a scan/repair. Boom! All apps stopped working.

All attempts at rollbacks do not work, and here I find myself.

Advanced SystemCare has done way more harm than good.

I need a fix!! I've scourged the interwebs and tried a lot of solutions, and I mean a lot. Nothing works.

I had this issue in the past, could never figure out what cause it. ASC was installed at that time. Had to re-install entire OS.

Fast forward some months, PC running fine, windows apps working, no ASC installed.

Download ASC last night, did a scan/repair. Boom! All apps stopped working.

All attempts at rollbacks do not work, and here I find myself.

Advanced SystemCare has done way more harm than good.

I need a fix!! I've scourged the interwebs and tried a lot of solutions, and I mean a lot. Nothing works.

Hi GlitchKing,

Please download demo from http://wikisend.com/download/144160/rescue_metro_app.bat, then right click on it, select Run as administrator, please check whether the issue continues after you run the demo.

Thanks for your work.

Hi mark.taylor,

Please try the following instructions to see how it works:

1. Please open PowerShell according to guidance from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../hh847889.aspx

2. Execute the following command:

((Get-ChildItem "HKLM:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\InboxApplications") | Get-ItemProperty).Path | Add-AppxPackage -Register –DisableDevelopmentMode

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing has happened to me, installed Advanced SystemCare Pro 8, now none of my Windows 8 Apps work. Every time i click on a tile i'm taken back to the desktop view where the App is shown open in the toolbar but will not open when clicked on. As i'm not an IT Technician do not see why i should be expected to mess around with the PowerShell and any other complicated fixes that apparently is a known conflict with Advanced SystemCare Pro 8 and Windows 8. Has anyone from iobit come up with a simple solution to this problem yet, as i've tried all the above solutions and none work, or do i ask for my money back?

Same thing has happened to me, installed Advanced SystemCare Pro 8, now none of my Windows 8 Apps work. Every time i click on a tile i'm taken back to the desktop view where the App is shown open in the toolbar but will not open when clicked on. As i'm not an IT Technician do not see why i should be expected to mess around with the PowerShell and any other complicated fixes that apparently is a known conflict with Advanced SystemCare Pro 8 and Windows 8. Has anyone from iobit come up with a simple solution to this problem yet, as i've tried all the above solutions and none work, or do i ask for my money back?

Hi playfair,

Have you tried method below?

1. Please open PowerShell according to guidance from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../hh847889.aspx
    ((Get-ChildItem "HKLM:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\InboxApplications") | Get-ItemProperty).Path | Add-AppxPackage -Register –DisableDevelopmentMode

Thanks for your work.

The above solution has managed to get the Windows Store App working, but none of the other Apps will open and deleting and re-installing them doesn't work either because every time i try to install ANY Apps now i get an install error code. Obviously there is a software conflict between Advanced SystemCare and Windows or your product has deleted something that was needed by my system to run the Apps.

• 2 months later...
Hi Cicely,

The TTL of the file on Wikisend is expired, so please upload it again with a longer TTL. (There is another file as $1 Hosting Plan- No Plan Better Than It.pdf on that address.)

Thank you and cheers.

Hi enoskype,

Thanks for timely reminding. I have checked this and posted the latest file in the thread.:oops:

Same thing happening here. Ran ASC8 full scan and my windows apps don't work. Attaching the iobit debugger zip file here. I guess the file is too large to post here. Is there another way to send it? Ran the powershell app but got a bunch of deployment errors and it didn't work.

Same thing happening here. Ran ASC8 full scan and my windows apps don't work. Attaching the iobit debugger zip file here. I guess the file is too large to post here. Is there another way to send it? Ran the powershell app but got a bunch of deployment errors and it didn't work.

Hi ndemik,

You can try the method I posted in this thread earlier.:-)

Hi Cicely, I ran the app from the dropbox link ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8jw7kylew...epair.bat?dl=0,) but it didn't resolve the issues. Any other ideas?

Hi ndemik,

Have you also try the method below?

1. Please open PowerShell according to guidance from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh847889.aspx

Archived