IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Use of Driver Booster 2

gvssen

I tried to send the following mail using the mail link of driver booster 2, under request type Report Problem Drivers. It gives me a message sending failed and my browser got activated to go the forums. After a lengthy process of registration at least I hope I am now heard in the best interests the users of Driver Booster 2.

Dear Driver Booster Chief,

Upon using Driver Booster 2 which indicated that I am using outdated drivers for Huwawei Modems that I am using (Mobile Internet Connecting devices). I am unable to use such devices upon updataing. The workable solution I have is to uninstall the equipment fully using io-bit uninstaller with powerful scan and then fix the device to the computer using the USB port resulting in the automatic installation of the device.

Driver Booster has never failed me and is very useful. I suggest that the update be so modified that the existing hardware can succesfully be used with the updated drivers.

Regards

Vijith Seneviratne

gvssen

It should not be necessary to uninstall your software. You can rollback the drivers to the previous version before you did the update. Also you can restore your system to a time before you updated the drivers.

I have to disagree with hirsche comment that this rarely happens. Driver update issues is a very common problem. Programs like Driver Booster make every effort to ensure that their database holds the correct drivers. However, the sheer volume of drivers which are in use make mistakes inevitable. I always recommend checking on the manufacturers site to be sure which is the latest driver and if it is suitable for your hardware. Remember that the latest driver may not always be suitable for your setup, as the hardware is also being constantly modified.

That is why the driver rollback feature is included in windows. so that you can always revert back to the driver that worked, which gives you time to investigate why the new driver update failed.

My personal opinion is that drivers which are working well do not need to be updated. If it is not broken....do not fix it.

Scannan you get a big +1 from me for the last line of your post "My personal opinion is that drivers which are working well do not need to be updated. If it is not broken....do not fix it." I have and still use Driver Booster, but with extreme care. If you just run the program and click update all, you are a user asking for a disaster. This article was recently posted on How to Geek and I post it here not to start problems but as a warning to the average user who would click update all. http://www.howtogeek.com/198758/never-download-a-driver-updating-utility-theyre-worse-than-useless/

A.T.

Archived