IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Chrome problem

jjaycee

V8 is not showing Chrome as my default browser and not showing it in Homepage Protection in Settings. It is greyed out. Have written a support ticket but need a response asap please. Anyone help? I notice that in my Program Data folder an ASCSevice and homepage text in "Homepage Protection" where it is stating it can find chrome.exe followed by it cannot find path to chrome.exe and replaces it with IE which I do not have as activated in Windows features.

V8 is not showing Chrome as my default browser and not showing it in Homepage Protection in Settings. It is greyed out. Have written a support ticket but need a response asap please. Anyone help? I notice that in my Program Data folder an ASCSevice and homepage text in "Homepage Protection" where it is stating it can find chrome.exe followed by it cannot find path to chrome.exe and replaces it with IE which I do not have as activated in Windows features.

Hi jjaycee,

Welcome to IObit Forum.:-)

For the situation you mentioned, please reinstall Chrome and then set it as default browser to see whether the issue continues.

You can set Chrome as default browser in Default Program tool in ASC.

Looking forward to your early reply.

@hirsche, Thanks for your kind reply.

Thanks Cicely, all is now good. I had to reinstall Chrome and now it shows the Homepage protection as chrome by default. I answered an email to Maggie at your support dept asking how I login to the forums as I could not see any option anywhere. Anyway i put my glasses on and there it was at the top of the page !!!

Thanks Cicely, all is now good. I had to reinstall Chrome and now it shows the Homepage protection as chrome by default. I answered an email to Maggie at your support dept asking how I login to the forums as I could not see any option anywhere. Anyway i put my glasses on and there it was at the top of the page !!!

Hi jjaycee,

Happy to hear that.

If you need any further help, please feel free to tell us.

Cheers.;-)

Archived