IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

No signal on monitor after crash during driver update

marylpf

I updated drivers via Iobit, got a pixelated, frozen screen, attempted reboot, and monitor stays black, with "No signal" notification. Can't see screen to boot into safe mode, can't see screen at all. Cords are secure. Power is getting to monitor and computer. Help please.

Hi marylpf

Welcome to the forum. I am afraid that it sounds like your display driver has been updated and the updated driver does not work. You should try booting your machine with a system disc or a rescue disc and

hope that will enable your monitor. If it does then you need to use the driver rollback function to revert back to your old drivers which worked fine.

That is fine. There is no need to hold down the power button.

What make is your monitor.

Do you have the manual for the monitor. If you do then check for instructions to do a hard reset of the monitor.

Do you have a HDMI connecton on your pc.

Do you have a hdmi connection on your TV,

I am sorry for asking for so much info, but this is a very difficult problem to solve long distance. Your driver update has stopped communication between your pc and

your monitor. A hard reset of the monitor may allow you in. Also connecting your pc to a tv and using the tv as a monitor may enable you to get into the system and roll back the drivers to

the originals which worked.

Now it is very important that you restore your system to a time before you had the problem, in order to remove the offending driver, You can use the ASC rescue centre restore function for this or you can

use the windows 7 restore. Here is a link for the latter.

Also, i strongly recommend you do not update drivers unless you have an actual problem or unless the manufacturer recommends to do so. If it is not broken, do not fix it.

I did a hard reset of the monitor, and that has worked! Thank you so much!

So sorry for the delay. So everything is OK now? And download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com with your post link.

Thanks a lot.

Now it is very important that you restore your system to a time before you had the problem, in order to remove the offending driver, You can use the ASC rescue centre restore function for this or you can

use the windows 7 restore. Here is a link for the latter.

Also, i strongly recommend you do not update drivers unless you have an actual problem or unless the manufacturer recommends to do so. If it is not broken, do not fix it.

Thank you so much Scannan to help marylpf fix the problem and help IObit reply :)

Archived