IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Bluetooth stopped working after driver booster

patience

My Bluetooth stopped working. After considerable time spent troubleshooting and not finding the problem, I tried going into Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 to look for a solution. I went into Driver Booster and rolled back the driver

for Bluetooth. My Bluetooth started working fine after the rollback. I don't think I'm very impressed with Driver Booster.

Welcome to the forum.

I understand why you are upset, however I cannot understand why you are not impressed with Driver Booster. After all it rolled back the driver and fixed the issue,

Please accept that driver booster did not force you to update the driver. It simply informed you that there was an updated driver available. ?You made the decision to

proceed with the update. If you had not used DB and had simply looked on the net to see if there was an updated driver, you would have found that there is an updated driver

and if you had downloaded it you would have had the same issue, and would have had to use windows driver roolback to fix the problem. Obviously the new updated

driver is incompatible with your system. I strongly recommend that you do not update drivers unless you have a specific problem related to a driver, Then you should do some research

with your PC manufacturer and or hardware manufacturer regarding the correct driver for your system.

If it is not broken....do not fix it.

Hi patience,

Thanks for your feedback.

We also got your email. After analysis of the informaion you sent, we had to say sorry. You used Driver Booster on 13th Nov to update RealtekBluetooth which might cause Bluetooth no working problem, and on 19th, you rolled it back to solve it.

Now we have removed this driver update from our database. And our suggestion is to ignore the related device CSR BlueCore Device after scanning with Driver Booster.

Sorry again for the troubles. We will keep on eye on the newly added drivers.

Well, a billion thanks to Scannan & hirsche for your wonderful reply and explation. IObit is honoured to have friends like you :)

• 2 months later...

I too have lost my Bluetooth radio(s) after using Driver Booster. After upgrading and purchasing ASC 8 I updated all the drivers DB2 suggested, it's never let me down before. Not on one, but TWO - Dell XPS 8500 machines. Because I use a Dell BT doggle for a keyboard and mouse on one machine and wired on the other, I did not realize the BT problem until a few weeks later when I put on my BT headphones and was unable to connect. I deleted my paired connection in an attempt to re-pair but my system never saw the headset again. Realizing the potential driver problem I did a system recovery as far back as I could go (which I believed was from before the DB2 driver updates). However, I am still unable to get my Bluetooth to work on both machines. I could really use some help on this one. As a side note: in BT settings, after "turning adapter off" and then back on again, I hear that "bomp-bomp" sound one gets when a USB devise gets plugged in but the system doesn't recognize it. Also, my Dell Wireless 1703 Bluetooth Properties says device is working properly. Please help me to recover.

• 6 years later...
On 11/22/2014 at 6:08 AM, patience said:

My Bluetooth stopped working. After considerable time spent troubleshooting and not finding the problem, I tried going into Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 to look for a solution. I went into Driver Booster and rolled back the driver

for Bluetooth. My Bluetooth started working fine after the rollback. I don't think I'm very impressed with Driver Booster.

Go to system Restore and see if you have a restore point to a time before your DB update.

If you do have, then restore your system to the previous time.

If you do not have a restore point (you should create a restore point at least once a week)

you should check your pc manufacturers site for a Bluetooth driver.

You could also open Device Manager and delete (not disable) the updated bluetooth driver, restart

your pc and windows should load a generic driver for bluetooth.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Update drivers
Go to Device Manager and right-click on your Bluetooth device.
Select Properties and go to the Advanced tab.
Write down the number next to the Manufacturer ID.
It’s time to enter your Manufacturer ID.
It will identify the manufacturer of your Bluetooth accessory, and it will redirect you to the right page where you can download the latest driver.

2. Reinstall the Bluetooth device
Bluetooth device

Go to Search, type devicemngr, and open Device Manager.
When Device Manager opens, find your Bluetooth device, right-click it, and press Uninstall.
Windows will ask you to confirm that you wish to uninstall the driver.
Click on Uninstall.
After confirming and uninstalling your driver, restart your computer.
Now you need to wait for Windows to install a new driver automatically or visit your device manufacturer’s website and check if there’s a new driver available for Windows 10.

3. Check if the Bluetooth service is running
Bluetooth service

Go to Search, type services.msc, and open Services.
Find the Bluetooth Support Service.
If this service is not enabled, right-click it, and select Start. If it’s enabled, right-click it and select Restart.
Wait for the process to finish.
Restart your computer.

I hope this is helpful to fix your issue.

Mark Wilson

• 1 year later...

Man this is 2023 and still the same problem with driver booster. I don't know what sin I did in the past to suffer form this stupid problem. I should NEVER have used this pathetic driver updater. I can't use my bluetooth now even after restoring my windows.  Why does this junk software have to unplug my fine buetooth?  Who gave it the permission? I gave it permission only to update not unplug my device. I can't use my speakers anymore. This is terrible. I'll never use this software again and ask anyone I meet never ever to rely on this idiotic piece of junk software. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Same here, Driver booster killed my Bluetooth drivers, and not even after 2 days of troubleshooting and an unnecessary Windows Update from 10 to 11 did the drivers work. How is it possible that software that is supposed to work and ease up your life just wasted 48 hours of our lives? That was the last time I installed any software of IOBIT, great for upselling only! 

Also Mark Wilson's suggestion on how to repair it, would work if there was a Bluetooth device visible on my device manager. That was the first thing that came to my mind, but the driver booster managed to entirely delete Bluetooth from the face of my earth. None of the Windows troubleshooting steps helped either.