IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

False Positve? Canon IJ Uninstaller Information [SOLVED by db 1395]

Hi,

Below is the Malware Fighter Report:

IObit Malware Fighter

Version: 2.5.0.8

Database Version: 1394

Time Elapsed: 00:16:42

Objects Scanned: 80105

Threats Found: 3

Save Time: 11/23/2014 10:26:01 PM

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Trojan.Agent, FILE, C:\Program Files\CanonBJ\CanonIJ Uninstaller Information\{1199FAD5-9546-44f3-81CF-FFDB8040B7BF}_Canon_MX720_series\RES\DLL\IJINSTKR.dll, 4045989

Trojan.Generic, FILE, E:\Download\Downloads\CamStudio_Setup_v2.7.2_r326_(build_19Oct2013).exe, 4137734

Trojan.Generic, FILE, F:\Download\Downloads\CamStudio_Setup_v2.7.2_r326_(build_19Oct2013).exe, 4137734

Please verify if it is a false positive for the Canon dll. This file has been quarantined and am unable to find the file in the stated file location.

As for the Camstudio setup, this has been reported as having trojan long ago. Although I have downloaded the setup file, I have never used it.

Hi mrsun18 , welcome to IObit Forum! :-)

To check whether they are false positives, please provide IObit with more information below:

1. Upload all the reported files to Virus Total and supply the report links.

2. Zip the files and upload it to Wikisend and give us the download link.

You can look at THIS post as an example.

Thank you very much.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply, enoskype. My concern is only on the Canon dll, not on the Camstudio.

As mentioned earlier, I was unable to find the suspect Canon dll which was already quarantined, so I couldn't do the Virus Total scan and send the file to Wikisend.

Anyway, I have used another of my desktop which shares the same Canon printer for the Virus Total scan, the result is shown:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/058b566b957b0ef05943cb252942e05981d3dc9d8c14a1e4044eb08adb1a70ee/analysis/1416786439/

The affected file is sent to Wikisend. It can be retrieved:

IJINSTKR.dll

Now I have to copy and paste the lost Canon dll from the other computer!!

Hi mrsun18,

Sorry that it is a false positive which will be fixed in database version 1395. Please update it when it is available and check if the problem is solved.

Thank you.

I have uninstalled IObit Malware Fighter from my desktop since my free AVG Antivirus 2015 appears to be doing a fine job.

Immediately after uninstall, I tried to do a system restore but found through the Windows system message that it was prevented from doing so by IOBit Malware Fighter. Even the Uninstall by IOBit to clean up the remnant files didn't help. Now have to figure out how to clean up the mess.

Archived