IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Help with Smart Defrag error

EthanJ0795

I recently purchased Smart Defrag for my computer and ran into an issue.

My main drive (C:) is a SSD. However my other 2 drives are both HDDs.

Whenever I launch Smart Defrag it seems to think all of my drives are SSDs and henceforth won't defrag them.

Granted, one of the HDDs has an 8GB SSD attached since it's a hybrid drive. But I've never encountered an error with defragging the HDD portion of it before.

Any help it appreciated.

Thanks!

I recently purchased Smart Defrag for my computer and ran into an issue.

My main drive (C:) is a SSD. However my other 2 drives are both HDDs.

Whenever I launch Smart Defrag it seems to think all of my drives are SSDs and henceforth won't defrag them.

Granted, one of the HDDs has an 8GB SSD attached since it's a hybrid drive. But I've never encountered an error with defragging the HDD portion of it before.

Any help it appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi EthanJ0795,

Welcome to IObit Forum.:-)

For the issue you mentioned, please take the following steps:

1. Please download DiskInfo.exe from http://wikisend.com/download/393224/DiskInfo.exe

2. Run the downloaded DiskInfo.exe, then please send back the generated DiskInfo.txt

Then please right click on the disk, click Recognize this disk as HDD.

Thanks for your work and looking forward to hearing from you.

@Scannan,

Thanks for your timely reply.

Archived