IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit Smart Defrag vs JkDefrag

IcyFrostPyro

A little something I did on my free time.

Result? They're the same, except for Smart Defrags ability to defrag automatically. But for users who just want to see which gives more performance, honestly, I can't see the difference. Hope this makes it easier for users with JkDefrag.

Ease of Use

Smart Defrag may require some option changing, while JkDefrag is simply to click on the icon, and it optimizes your system.

Speed Difference

Hearing good things from both sides, it is hard to tell which one speeds up your system more. I have tried both on my system and they yield the same results.

Time to Defrag

While Smart Defrag may take several minutes up to fifteen minutes, JkDefrag may take up to the better part of an hour and takes significantly longer.

Customization and Options

With Smart Defrag there are several ways to configure how you want your defrag. With JkDefrag, it's just click and go so there's no need to configure.

Display

Both defragmenters have an easy to read GUI showing the file it is moving and the image.

Bugs and Problems

While little to no problems have been reported for JkDefrag, many problems have been reported daily(or almost daily). Since the release of 1.03 problems have gone down a bit. This may turn the tide in favor of IObit.

GUI's could not be uploaded because of file sizes :( sorry

IFP

You have not posted how you came to these figures for each of the tests or how you conducted the tests.

Are you able to post these please as the figures and totals alone do not give much info, looking forward to see how you reached them.

it is done :) thanks for bringing that up

Hi Teedoff,

Default by Windows, 12.5% of the disk space is spared for MFT and MFT enlargement area which is also called MFT Zone. Athough MFT enlargement area is free space, Windows will not use this area unless no other free space is left in the disk.

For more information about Defragmentation please have a look through Think about Defragmentation!!! thread.

Cheers.

Archived