IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Suspect process IorbitUpdate.exe

dcnewcomb

The Program "IorbitUpdate.exe" starts itsself on my machine and runs as a process for many minutes. While doing so, it uses 50% of my CPU capacity! This program is obviously doing a lot more than just downloading files and installing them. I have locked this process down, because I don't trust it. Does anybody have information on what this thing is doing?

hi dcnewcomb

If you have enabled automatic update, it is just executing the demand.

Right now it is probably the update of the program from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1, which means that it is installing the new version of the program.

I always do that "by hand" myself, but to each his own poison :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

The Program "IorbitUpdate.exe" starts itsself on my machine and runs as a process for many minutes. While doing so, it uses 50% of my CPU capacity! This program is obviously doing a lot more than just downloading files and installing them. I have locked this process down, because I don't trust it. Does anybody have information on what this thing is doing?

Download from H#!l

Hi dcnewcomb-Are you updating the utility,or are you saying that the app. just starts running out of nowhere?If it's the 3.0 upgrade,that's a relatively small file(7.2MB)and should download in less than a minute.Can you provide a little more information please?

Archived