IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can't even FIND the startup manager!!

CarlaBentley

I went from AWC to ASC and now I can't even FIND the StartUp Manager. That was the main reason that I got AWC in the first place and I LOVED that feature!! It was right there with all the other things that were checked when you hit scan.

As you can probably discern from this problem, I am NOT very computer literate at all. But I do want it known that I spent a good hour trying to find this problem addressed in the Forum posts, using Startup, startup, Start Up, Startup Manager, etc., etc., etc., I DID give it my best shot and apologize if this is redundant.

I really loved the earlier version. I know that there are sites dedicated to downloading earlier versions of various programs. Could someone please tell me if they know of one which provides the old AWC? That way, if I can't figure out how to use it in ASC, I won't have to come back here and bother everyone once again. (Because I also tried to find THAT on my own, as well, but to no avail.)

Thanks in advance!!

Hi Carla

If you open ASC 3.0.x and choose the button Utilities and then the tab Admin Tools you ought to see the Start Up Manager.

Cheers

solbjerg

I went from AWC to ASC and now I can't even FIND the StartUp Manager. That was the main reason that I got AWC in the first place and I LOVED that feature!! It was right there with all the other things that were checked when you hit scan.

As you can probably discern from this problem, I am NOT very computer literate at all. But I do want it known that I spent a good hour trying to find this problem addressed in the Forum posts, using Startup, startup, Start Up, Startup Manager, etc., etc., etc., I DID give it my best shot and apologize if this is redundant.

I really loved the earlier version. I know that there are sites dedicated to downloading earlier versions of various programs. Could someone please tell me if they know of one which provides the old AWC? That way, if I can't figure out how to use it in ASC, I won't have to come back here and bother everyone once again. (Because I also tried to find THAT on my own, as well, but to no avail.)

Thanks in advance!!

Option 2

Hi Carla-Solbjerg's reply is on the money.Did you know that you can select your start-up programs with a run command of "msconfig"?After the command,under the general tab,click the radio button"selective startup"Then,click the startup tab and uncheck everything you don't want to run at boot.Select restart computer-you will get a dialogue window"you have used the.........."just check the "don't show" box and you're good to go.Yes,I know the ASC approach is much easier-this is just a backup plan

Hi enoskype

Yes it was a nice extension to the possibilities in the StartUp manager!

Thanks for refreshing my memory!! :grin::grin::grin:

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi CarlaBentley,

ASC has Startup Manager as solbjerg described, and addition to the old one, one can add a startup program in there.

For AWC2, go to News_&_Offer section of this forum, and you will find download link for the last AWC 2 version there written on the title of a thread.( This link )

Cheers.

Thanks to everyone!!!! Snicker!!! I didn't even RECOGNIZE the tab as a tab!!! And I'm going to give the new version my best shot but I'm so grateful to have access to the older version in case I can't cut it!!

I DO know that one can approach and fiddle with msconfig but every time I did a search to learn the steps for doing so, there was always a warning that I had to be careful to not remove the wrong thing and ...... well, see above!! If I can overlook something as simple as a 'tab', do you REALLY think I should be fooling around with the msconfig!!!? LOLOL!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, everyone!!!!!

• 1 year later...

hi

Iobit startup manager , used it & found it really nice.I have used Name Removed.I found its startup manager good as well :-D

Thanks you guys to build such wonderful applications.Name Removed startup manager is amazing as it manages my win7 64 startup applications.Try it guys .

Let me know how it goes 8-)

Professional spammer - software name removed

Archived