IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 8 Pro Freezes my system

Cobratech

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been working like crazy lately! Now, back to this. . . Just tried installing the version Cicily posted and a few seconds after install I received a error warning. Before I could save a screenshot my PC froze. Here's what I could find in event log errors.

-Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL SQLAgent$ASUSHOMECLOUD. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the Windows error code.

-Notifications for the volume C:\ are not active.

Context: Windows Application

Details:

The parameter is incorrect. (HRESULT : 0x80070057) (0x80070057)

- and an event 6008

The previous system shutdown at 5:38:33 PM on ?1/?30/?2015 was unexpected.

Thanks for the help!

Hi elemieux,

Did you run ASC and do a scan before you get the error message? Can the issue be reproduced?

If the issue occurs again, please send us the related screenshot to us.

Besides, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV8.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop, please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks very much for your work.

Hi elemieux,

Please open installation folder of ASC 8 and check whether there is a file named bugreport.txt, if so, please send it to us.

To open installation folder of ASC 8, please right click on its desktop shortcut and select Open file location.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Until now, only I was reading your comments concerning the freezes. I'm using the old ASC. Every year I renew the license. In January this year this happened, and I installed the Version 8. From the beginning unusable due to freeze out. I thought I will use the 8.1 update. Well, no. The phenomenon is the same. Only drastic switch off my computer to be restarted. Countless reinstall did not help. Something is very wrong with this version ... and as I read, others not. Because the machine totally freezes all previous council had not been "useless" for years ... the problem with this program is very good.

This "pay" software, so you should find a solution to the administrator for this ...! They know what they have been developed which led me here ... I use many of the programs for which I paid, paid ... (I already paid for two years due to the random deducted twice the price in advance license ...)

I look forward, we expect the solution ...

Or get back to a previous version can be used ...

Regards

fpeter

Hi All,

Until now, only I was reading your comments concerning the freezes. I'm using the old ASC. Every year I renew the license. In January this year this happened, and I installed the Version 8. From the beginning unusable due to freeze out. I thought I will use the 8.1 update. Well, no. The phenomenon is the same. Only drastic switch off my computer to be restarted. Countless reinstall did not help. Something is very wrong with this version ... and as I read, others not. Because the machine totally freezes all previous council had not been "useless" for years ... the problem with this program is very good.

This "pay" software, so you should find a solution to the administrator for this ...! They know what they have been developed which led me here ... I use many of the programs for which I paid, paid ... (I already paid for two years due to the random deducted twice the price in advance license ...)

I look forward, we expect the solution ...

Or get back to a previous version can be used ...

Regards

fpeter

Hi fpeter,

When ASC freezes, can you perform other operations on your computer or the computer is also freezes?

Does it freeze at the same situation when using ASC?

When it freezes, please take s photo of the ASC screen and send it to us.

Besides, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV8.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop, please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

We are doing our best to solve the issue.

Dear IObit Support Team,

The machine, when I open the program you ASC8 other operations are not performed.

I can not create the phenomenon can and can not verbose operation is performed after that. (If you take pictures, only one froze picture would be on it no error message) to freeze a degree (as indicated already in front of writers) that only the power button turned off, then the usual "normal mode" by selecting the start of the system. As we read and like the others is not something very reason the 8 version. Many times we have tried to reinstall, before wiping everything, but nothing changes. "I'm tired". While I can not ask to use a version 7. Unfortunately, I can not provide the information requested, as described for the help ...

(I used the version 5 of the ASC, never had a problem ...)

Regards,

fpeter

Dear IObit Support Team,

ASC 8 given the link reinstall. The first operation was totally freeze my machine as before ...

After restarting, I ran a InfoHelperv8l exe ... and I will send the Result of

That's all I could do ...

Regards,

fpeter

• 2 weeks later...

Hi fpeter,

To further check the issue, please take the following steps:

1. Please exit ASC from the system tray.
  2. Please download file from http://wikisend.com/download/552244/ASC8.1Fix.zip
  3. Unzip the file and run ASCFixTool.exe
  4. After step 2, please check whether the issue has been solved. If not, please right click on its desktop shortcut and select Open file location to open installation folder of ASC 8, find and send back the file ASC.exe.log

Then please restart the computer in Safe Mode, press F8 before the Windows loading animation begins and select "Safe Mode with Networking" from the menu.

Please directly open ASC in the safe mode to see whether it can cause freeze issue.

Thanks for your patience.

I am having the same problem on my win7pro64 system.

After booting up, if I try to launch ASC8.1Pro there is no response. The Windows Task Manager shows no activity and it takes about a minute for the ASC splash screen to pop up on screen and in the Task Manager list. After another 15-20 seconds everything freezes including the second hand on my Gadget Clock. The cursor still works most times but any selections have no response. At this time when the cursor is over the ASC window it shows the Hourglass icon. After about two minutes the clock catches up and if the cursor is over the Scan circle it changes to the Pointing Hand icon. From this point on the system responds normally, even when running ASC again. Sometimes during the freeze even the keyboard fails to respond until the freeze period is over.

I have seen the same kind of lock-up or freeze when running Driver Booster 2 for the first time that day.

Does this give you any ideas?

Hi hermit1948,

Could you please help us look into the issue by taking following instructions?

1. Does the freeze issue occur only when you run ASC? Will other large programs on your computer cause freeze issue?

2. Please restart your computer in Safe Mode. Then make sure other programs are closed and exited. Then start ASC to see whether the freeze issue will occur.To restart the computer in Safe Mode, press F8 before the Windows loading animation begins and select "Safe Mode with Networking" from the menu

3. If the issue occurs again, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV8.exe

Thanks for your patience. :-)

Only happens with ASC or DB2. No problem with big programs like SolidWorks, etc. Will perform tests when time permits and report back.

Hi hermit1948,

To further check the issue, please take the following steps:

1. Please exit ASC from the system tray.
  2. Please download file from http://wikisend.com/download/552244/ASC8.1Fix.zip
  3. Unzip the file and run ASCFixTool.exe
  4. After step 2, please check whether the issue has been solved. If not, please right click on its desktop shortcut and select Open file location to open installation folder of ASC 8, find and send back the file ASC.exe.log

Then please restart the computer in Safe Mode, press F8 before the Windows loading animation begins and select "Safe Mode with Networking" from the menu.

Please directly open ASC in the safe mode to see whether it can cause freeze issue.

Thanks for your patience.:-)

Archived