IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Smart Defrag v4

Cicely

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything seems to be just fine - I just prefer one thing from the old Version 3 - I have more than 3 partitions and/or drives connected to my PC (for example, I have dual 4TB hard drives to hold my movies, and also my backup of my hard drive) - and I prefer to be able to see more than 3 drives at once (with the new Beta 4, one has to flip through to the other drives - I want to see them all at once as previously). Also, although there is an option to shutdown after defrag, can you please add an option for "reboot after defrag" - this would come in handy because I set my PC to defrag just before I go shower, or go jogging, or go to the store, etc, and when I come back, it would be nice to have a completely booted PC with all the startup housekeeping chores that Windows does on startup having been completed (and thus my CPU at near zero). A fine product, but these are just little tweaks that I would like to have. Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work (oh, by the way, your Driver Booster is a dream product - god, does that save me time and headaches when fixing other people's PCs - I used to be a PC repairman).

Everything seems to be just fine - I just prefer one thing from the old Version 3 - I have more than 3 partitions and/or drives connected to my PC (for example, I have dual 4TB hard drives to hold my movies, and also my backup of my hard drive) - and I prefer to be able to see more than 3 drives at once (with the new Beta 4, one has to flip through to the other drives - I want to see them all at once as previously). Also, although there is an option to shutdown after defrag, can you please add an option for "reboot after defrag" - this would come in handy because I set my PC to defrag just before I go shower, or go jogging, or go to the store, etc, and when I come back, it would be nice to have a completely booted PC with all the startup housekeeping chores that Windows does on startup having been completed (and thus my CPU at near zero). A fine product, but these are just little tweaks that I would like to have. Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work (oh, by the way, your Driver Booster is a dream product - god, does that save me time and headaches when fixing other people's PCs - I used to be a PC repairman).

Hi authoriseduser,

There is an option for Reboot after defrag, please click ond the down arrow at the end of "Shutdown after defrag" to open the menu for the options to choose.

Cheers.

Hi all,

A little morning from France ! And sorry in advance for my poor english...

I used Smart Defrag for many years with pleasure. Comparatively to others, I like Smart Defrag for his speed and the background functionning. Unfortunately, with all versions, I had always the same problem : the aplication crashes randomly after some days (I don't stop my computer every day, I put it in the sleep mode).

And miraculously, with the Beta 2.0, I didn't observe this phenomenon !

Is it a coincidence or did you work on this issue ?

Thx a lot for your nice work !!

Hi Dedwen,

Sorry to hear the crashes.

Have you tried the final version of Smart Defrag v4 from http://update.iobit.com/dl/smart-defrag4-setup.exe ?

Please try it. If the issue continues, please give us more details with related screenshots.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi pwagner,Nguyen Nam and,

@pwagner , thanks for helping us correct the error. We will correct it when we update our product.

@Nguyen Nam, the situation you mentione is because that we do not show beta version in our website. But now, if you check our website, you can see Smart Defrag v4 final version at http://www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.php

@Valter, thanks for your suggestion. We will take into consideration.

@ all, you can update to Smart Defrag v4 final version from http://update.iobit.com/dl/smart-defrag4-setup.exe

i have used defrag for many years,i like defrag 4.i like the clean junk files option,and the new lay out,it did seem to defrag alot faster.

thank you.

Hi pdobbodefrag,

Happy to know that you like the new Smart Defrag. We will continue to do better.

Cheers.|;-)

Bug report. Steps:

1) analize disks

2) open Details (right bottom corner)

3) select report for disk C: for example

4) click on Size header to sort on size

5) now select report for disk D:

Note: a small arrow is still on Size header but sizes are in random order

6) select disk C: again

Note: sizes also are in random order.

7) try sorting on other columns an see the same bug.

Bug report. Steps:

1) hover over SD icon in tray

2) see a hint: "Last automatic defrag 03.18.2015"

Note:

sys language and regional settings are Russian (I see interface in Russian) but hint is in English and date format is American (mm.dd.yyyy instead of dd.mm.yyyy)

I realy hope you will change Disc Showing :) Is realy not transparent... I have 6 partitions and List will be alot better I mean the same as 3 have :P

Please made look the same as 3, is alot better and alot easy to use! All disc are shown now I need to scroll left/right realy why?

I will use 3 as long as possible I like it alot more then 4 I mean look is alot realy alot better in 3!!!

I tested again but I uninstalled... and you fix it now it show A: and B: because A: and B: are my Storage Discs and they are always first in My Computer :D

Bug report. Steps:

1) analize disks

2) open Details (right bottom corner)

3) select report for disk C: for example

4) click on Size header to sort on size

5) now select report for disk D:

Note: a small arrow is still on Size header but sizes are in random order

6) select disk C: again

Note: sizes also are in random order.

7) try sorting on other columns an see the same bug.

Hi there,

Thanks for your feebdback.

Could you please describe the situation more clealry with related screenshots?

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Yes, sure.

On attached screenshort you can see the final state.

Button details (step 2) is in yellow oval.

Small triangle (inside red circle) shows selected sorting direction, but sizes are in random order.

----

BTW, I'm still waiting for reply on

http://forums.iobit.com/forum/smart-defrag/smart-defrag-v4/205146-why-setup-v4-is-twice-zipped-exe

This is serious issue because it looks as cracked reference on your site.

Yes, it can be legal download but zirred exes are often virus files.

Hi,

I installed Smart Defrag 4 and ran defrag twice, each time losing tons of drive space after the defrag is complete. The first time, I lost 10+ Gb and the next time I lost 40+ Gb. My original Free Space was around 241 Gb, and now it is only 193Gb. Also, the computer does NOT SHUT DOWN after defrag. I use Win 7 and long time ago, I used an Iobit product called Disk Defragmenter 6 (if not mistaken), which worked quite ok. Never had this kind of problem

I only stopped using it because it was taking up a lot of resources on my PC. And I never updated it because it worked ok for me, and I know that if something is not broken, don't "fix" it.

NEW IS NOT BETTER....

Now, this is unbelievable! I am going to uninstall Smart Defrag 4 after this. I only started using Smart Defrag 4 since 2 days ago. The 1st time, I used Defrag and Fully Optimise, and the 2nd time I used Defrag and Prioritize. I went to bed both times, and get a rude surprise when I awaken in the morning.

Now that I come here, I only realized this Smart Defrag 4 is a Beta version!!! I mean, how can you offer a buggy program for download to everyone??? You don't even give a choice to download an older version (maybe Smart Defrag 3)?

Any suggestions on how to regain my hard drive space??? I am going to hold Iobit accountable for this lost disk space....

PS: I am really ANGRY and shocked by this and I have uninstalled Smart Defrag 4. As far as I am concerned, it is a piece of crap. You should not be offering a BUGGY program for download!

Hi,

I installed Smart Defrag 4 and ran defrag twice, each time losing tons of drive space after the defrag is complete. The first time, I lost 10+ Gb and the next time I lost 40+ Gb. My original Free Space was around 241 Gb, and now it is only 193Gb. Also, the computer does NOT SHUT DOWN after defrag. I use Win 7 and long time ago, I used an Iobit product called Disk Defragmenter 6 (if not mistaken), which worked quite ok. Never had this kind of problem

I only stopped using it because it was taking up a lot of resources on my PC. And I never updated it because it worked ok for me, and I know that if something is not broken, don't "fix" it.

NEW IS NOT BETTER....

Now, this is unbelievable! I am going to uninstall Smart Defrag 4 after this. I only started using Smart Defrag 4 since 2 days ago. The 1st time, I used Defrag and Fully Optimise, and the 2nd time I used Defrag and Prioritize. I went to bed both times, and get a rude surprise when I awaken in the morning.

Now that I come here, I only realized this Smart Defrag 4 is a Beta version!!! I mean, how can you offer a buggy program for download to everyone??? You don't even give a choice to download an older version (maybe Smart Defrag 3)?

Any suggestions on how to regain my hard drive space??? I am going to hold Iobit accountable for this lost disk space....

PS: I am really ANGRY and shocked by this and I have uninstalled Smart Defrag 4. As far as I am concerned, it is a piece of crap. You should not be offering a BUGGY program for download!

Ok, I uninstalled it and my free space went back up to 199 Gb. But it does not account for 42 Gb still missing. Have analyzed with the core Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter and it finds 0% needs to be defragmented.

So, does this mean I really lost 42 Gb for good on account of your software?????

Hi BugDigger,

Thanks for your continual reply.

From the screenshot you sent, it is found that you still have Smart Defrag beta 2.0, please update to the latest Smart Defrag v4 final version from http://update.iobit.com/dl/smart-defrag4-setup.exe to see whether the issue continues.

If it does, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/SD4InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Very unhappy ex user of Smart Defrag 4 here.

Lost 42 Gb.....after 2 sessions of "defragmenting". It's not 1-2 Gb, although that is also a big deal. It is 42 Gb!!!

That is right - 42 GB.

No thanks, never ever using Iobit products again.

But you have to advise on how to regain back my hard drive space which mysteriously vanished, because I am holding Iobit responsible.

At the very least, I will lose a lot of time and also suffer a lot of stress trying to regain that hard drive space lost.

Hi Zzedee,

Thanks for your feedback.

To look into the issue, please take the steps as follows:

1) Which defrag methods did you choose?

2) Please let us know the free space of your disk before and after defrag.

3) If the free space decreased after defrag, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/SD4InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Very unhappy ex user of Smart Defrag 4 here.

Lost 42 Gb.....after 2 sessions of "defragmenting". It's not 1-2 Gb, although that is also a big deal. It is 42 Gb!!!

That is right - 42 GB.

No thanks, never ever using Iobit products again.

But you have to advise on how to regain back my hard drive space which mysteriously vanished, because I am holding Iobit responsible.

At the very least, I will lose a lot of time and also suffer a lot of stress trying to regain that hard drive space lost.

Hi Zzedee,

3) If the free space decreased after defrag, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/SD4InfoHelper.exe

Cicely

Please see Post#265 which I moved here from another topic by the userZzedeef which contains the info.

Hi Zzedee,

Hi Cicely,

Sorry but earlier I was in a state of PANIC, when I first posted here. I spent the past two whole days reformating my entire hard drive, and reinstalling back my previous programs and settings, so I don't have the data any more.

I think Smart Defrag "brought back to life" all the previously deleted files on my drive which I deleted using the Recycle Bin all this while. That is the ONLY explanation I can think of.

So when it defragmented my drive, it also brought back to life most of the "deleted" data. There was no way to clean it except maybe using a disk wiper or something, which I only thought of AFTER I reformatted my entire hard drive. I never encountered this situation before, so I was clearly shocked. But if someone had told me that MAYBE its deleted data coming back to life after defragmenting....and advised me on what to do....maybe I would have reacted better.

Anyway, what is done is done. I am moving on from this episode. I think maybe the only useful feature of Smart Defrag is its supposed to shut down my PC after defrag - but it does not.

FYI, I tried Auslogic Disk Defragmenter after losing the 42 GB, and Auslogic managed to shut my PC down.......

Hi Cicely.

you still have Smart Defrag beta 2.0

Because of issue discussed in topic

http://forums.iobit.com/forum/smart-...ice-zipped-exe

OK, I got new version. In "About" window I see exactly the same version number 4.0.2.690 but the program is defifnitely not the same. This is strange. :-)

The problem with sorting still exists.

BTW, this file is not signed...

Sorry, I can not publically attach file which contains my personal information like user name, user's role, hardware details, paths to installed programs, etc.

Perhaps you need a special nonpublic service for such detailed reports...

Anyway, the issue is very easy to reproduce and it does not require such detailed information about my computer. :-)