IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Smart Defrag v4

Cicely

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The very first thing i noticed was the change in the window or GUI. I must say, "It's about time you guys changed the layout." A very sleek and stunning program that is way ahead of the competition. Keep up the awesome work. I LOVE ALL YOUR PRODUCTS.Thumbs upThumbs upThumbs up

Hi IObit!

Tried new SD 4, looks very good, but not perfect for me. But there is a very large icons of disks, disks list in SD 3 looks better, imho.

Game Defrag feature bug - when clicking "Analyze" button, it's starting defrag. Also, large icons too... Could you make icon size like in Game Booster? Switchable size will be good too.

For the rest of the points I have no comments, but I haven't used this program very often, because it's Beta :D

With best regards

I have great idea!! Add,,,Automatic Defragmenting and Fully Optimizing new-added files into system!

Hi renodos500,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Could you please describe the suggestion more clearly with more details so that we can make improvements?

f it is possible, screenshot can give us a better explanation.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Looking forward to hearing from you.

really like it.Have used SD for a long time.My only gripe is it not doing multiple drives at once.Otherwise top notch.

Hi thiefot35,

Happy to hear that you love our Smart Defrag.

Could you please describe the situation "My only gripe is it not doing multiple drives at once" more clearly so that we can make improvements?

Looking forward to your reply.

Hi Illuminator,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

For you question, please see my words in blue.

Just installed it and first, it looks very nice indeed.

Now some questions:

why does it clean up junkfiles on C (my SSD) when I only selected D to Defrag?

Junk files clean will clean all junks on your PC not only the junk on your ticked dicks.

What Optimization my Apps are getting if they are on my SSD?

When you optimize Apps, it will optimize your SSD at the same time to accelerate the access to your Apps.

What sense makes Boot Time Defrag if my only HDD is NOT the System-HDD but my Data Drive? And if it makes none, it would be nice if that could be detected and SM4 would only show the option if it makes sense.

Boot Time Defrag can support all HDDs even it is not your system drive.

A small bug I think I found is that the Action Center isn't detecting Version of Driver Booster Pro correctly. It said DB would be outdated, I launched DB it said I'd have the latest version. So in one them is something wrong.

Please Close and Exit Smart Defrag v4 to see whether the issue continues. If it does, please click About in Driver Booster and send us the related screenshots.

Thats it for now. I'm generally very pleased with the new Design and especially the new SSD functions. Keep up the great work IObit!

Hi joesdadnick ,BigTimer and Alexander Kozin,

@joesdadnick and BigTimer , heppy to hear that you love our new Smart Defrag v4. Welcome your suggestions. :-)

@ Alexander Kozin, I will report your suggestion to our product team for consideration. For the issue "Game Defrag feature bug ", could you please send us the related screenshots so that we can look into it?

This beta version of Smart Defrag 4 doesn't seem to work correctly for me. I always see the message "Move failed, the parameter is incorrect." for the file C:\$MFT. That error message always appears every time I look at the report after the files have been defragmented. C:\$MFT is the only file that can't be defragmented for some reason.

This beta version of Smart Defrag 4 doesn't seem to work correctly for me. I always see the message "Move failed, the parameter is incorrect." for the file C:\$MFT. That error message always appears every time I look at the report after the files have been defragmented. C:\$MFT is the only file that can't be defragmented for some reason.

The MFT ( Master File Table) is a locked system file and cannot be defragged during normal defrag operation. It can only be defragged during a Boot Time Defrag.

@ Alexander Kozin, I will report your suggestion to our product team for consideration. For the issue "Game Defrag feature bug ", could you please send us the related screenshots so that we can look into it?

Sorry, there is was my mistake, it is really was analyse (I read this in the report), but it was so long/slow for that little folder which contains 150 mb (AV and other software was disabled/turned off during analyze)

Hi thiefot35,

Happy to hear that you love our Smart Defrag.

Could you please describe the situation "My only gripe is it not doing multiple drives at once" more clearly so that we can make improvements?

Looking forward to your reply.

I guess he means parallel defrag method in SD3, in SD4 are consistent defrag method now. I mean, now next disk/drive will not be defragged before previous disk/drive defrag completed. Wow, we have an idea for new defrag options ;)

Hello Cicely,

Just did format of machine from Windows 7 Ultimate OEM, installed ASC8 Ultimate, and running with no problems at all. Not sure what was the issue w/ ASC8 Pro after final release (I suspect it had to do w/ code for real-time protection, but issues were too severe for me to continue to test for ya), but it seems to not have carried over into ASC8 Ultimate.

Now for Smart Defrag 4 Beta... DUDES, I gotta say, ya went "Over the top" w/ this version. The GUI is "SWEET". Love the icons, the layout, the colors, the Game defrag... Just everything! Only tiny addition I would suggest is when in the window for the Defragging happening, you have the tabs based on the partitions and/or multiple HDs, I would lower the defrag maps and tabs slightly, to add an area going across that shows a progress bar for each partition/drive that is similar to the temp meters on the Performance Monitor of ACS8. These bars would fill based on percentage of Defragging of that partition/drive completed with an estimated time completion of that drive underneath the meter. That's it! I would so hate to see any other GUI changes made to the current setup, and really can't see how you could make it better.

One other thing I would ask you guys to double-check with this version that I suspected in Smart Defrag 3.3 and earlier, is that the Defrag & Prioritized setting in Automatic Defrag didn't seem to do the same Defragging as in the manual defragging. My machine could do an Auto Defrag w/ the setting at Defrag & Prioritized, and in the morning before I do anything on my machine, I would do a manual Defrag with same setting, and the drives would have a 5-10 different defrag, which made no sense to me???

I also got to say that the new defragging method is FAST! I got a 750 GB Seagate Hybrid drive (I know not the best I could have), but this new version of SD is no joke to defragging my drive now. I just simply LOVE it.

Hello Cicely,

Noticed something that is confusing me... So you guys get a clear picture, I have my HS partitioned into 3 parts{ C Drive being Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit, which is for OS only and files that have to be w/ the OS, D Drive is my Applications Drive which is al my Apps, and E Drive is my Data Storage. So... After a couple manual Defrags, I noticed that C & E drives defragged normally, comparing before & after numbers and seeing a slight improvement on both, meaning that those are defragged properly. However, this is what is confusing me, my D Drive is defragged with no improvement from before & after and has some red (fragmented) clusters). Thinking about this and considering that I have a approx. 24 GB game installed on that drive And had did a Game defrag prior, I suspected that the re clusters may be in fact my game and could be isolated for that purpose. Does this sound correct, or can you all explain for me? I'm attaching a screenshot to show ya what I'm talking about!

Thanks!

Hi Alexander Kozin and ,

I agreed with your guess about the suggestion by thiefot35.Thumbs up

@ ACCPresidentLB, Happy to hear that you love our Smart Defrag v4.

For the issue "Defrag & Prioritize, do you mean it is different in manual defrag and Scheduled Defrag? Because Defrag Only is only available in Auto Defrag.

For the suggestion " add an area going across that shows a progress bar for each partition/drive that is similar to the temp meters on the Performance Monitor of ACS8", could you please describe it more clealry with rleated screenshots? Do you mean

Hi ACCPresidentLB,

Thanks for your feedback.

To look into the issue you mentioned, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/SD4InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Smart Defrag 4 beta 1 is excellent: It uses less CPU, in runs a LOT faster on my computer (very noticeable on the fast optimize scan mode), the visualisations are much better, and the real-time status is a major improvement to the program.

Still I have few comments and ideas: since it was never accurate (and by large differences between the valuation and the reality), you might want to consider dumping the process's time estimation, and replace it with the percents completed, or number of file fragments, or the fragmentation rate. Also, in the new game defragmentation, I have a user interference recommendation - instead of sliding through pages to view all games, in a certain number of games, you should allow to scroll wide-screen, so we'll be able to see any game we wish. Also, when adding the games to the game defragmentation, i believe some of us would like to have the option to arrange the in any order we like, other than arranging them in a time-added order.

Although my comments and ideas paragraph is rather long, I greatly enjoy the program, and it is greatly improved this time.

Keep on the good job iObit!

P.S. sorry if I had any grammar/tenses mistakes (i'm not from an English-speaking country), hope it was clear and helpful enough.

Tnks Iobit for amaizing software

now everything works fine, excellent idea to implement a module to defragment games, and did some tests, no errors and increase computer performance considerably

Thanks Again

PS: The new skin of the program is quite modern and intuitive great job

I just installed the beta 4 and right away I can tell it's must faster when running the analyze/full optimize feature, compared to version 3. I've used iObit products for years so I like what I see so far with Smart Defrag 4. Much cleaner interface as well.