IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit Malware Fighter causes IE11 to not open for some reason.

It has now happened twice. I didn't realize Malware program was the cause the first time.. I was running the evaluation free version of Malware Fighter v2.5 and after running the software IE is broken and will not open. The log file says the following:

IObit Malware Fighter

Version: 2.5.0.8

Database Version: 1423

Time Elapsed: 00:06:32

Objects Scanned: 66454

Threats Found: 2

Save Time: 3/4/2015 6:30:41 PM

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Misleading.FakeAV, REG, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\APPDATALOW\{5F189DF5-2D05-472B-9091-84D9848AE48B}, 2015619

Misleading.FakeAV, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\{5F189DF5-2D05-472B-9091-84D9848AE48B}, 2015620

As a customer of IObit software for years now I'm extremely disappointed. I tried calling the support number and worked with them for over an hour and nothing was done. I was just told they can't understand me. That's a new one. I was born, live, and served my country the United States and they can't understand me. I finally get a manager and he tries to sell me a support agreement. You have to be kidding. He finally says a senior tech will call me in 15 minutes. That was over 30 minutes ago.... No call yes

Can anyone help me with this issue.... The software doesn't allow me to undo what was done automatically for some reason, and I'm not experienced in editing the registry. I ran regedit and looked in the areas, but I'm not sure the proper way to input the data correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived