IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit Malware Figher 3 Pro - INSTALLATION ISSUES!

Laurie

Hi Cicely and Everyone,

Today I purchased a 1-yr license for IMF 3 Pro.

I did not uninstall IMF Free Version before attempting to install IMF 3 Pro.

The IMF 3 Pro download llnk I received by email see attached Image #1

When clicking on the download link as depicted in image #1 a Warning Popped up see attached image #2

So then I found a way to save the exe (executable file) "imfv3-setup" and when I clicked to download it seems it did not upgrade the IMF FREE Version to paid version IMF 3 Pro! I ran the IMF and it ran as usual and my pc is clean, but the IMF window shows the version is FREE. When doing a search for installed programs using IObit Uninstaller it shows IMF 3! See attached dual image of both Uninstaller shows IMF 3 but IMF window shows FREE version!

Do I need to Uninstall IMF Free Version before Installing paid version?

The IMF showing FREE is confusing!

Please help!

Thank you,

Laurie :-)

Hi Laurie,

You don't have to uninstall IMF Free (including older versions) when installing IMF PRO, but you have to enter the License Code into the License Manager after clicking Register button on the main GUI.

I am not 100% sure, but in my opinion, setup files of Free and Pro are the same and IMF behaves as pro after you activate the license code.

As far as I know, exception to that rule in all IObit products only applies to Smart Defrag Free and Pro. (In a way IObit Uninstaller also.)

Please verify that you have a license code provided by IObit, and you have activated it by registering.

BTW, if it shows FREE, than PRO functions shouldn't work. (I would like to see the bottom part of the GUI of the IMF 3.1 FREE image though.)

FYI, there is a newer version 4.3 of IObit Uninstaller downloadable from the link in IObit Uninstaller 4.3 (4.3.0.118) is released! [April 16, 2015] topic.

Cheers.

Thank you enoskype!

Your advise worked!

It is NOT user friendly for me.

After installing IMF did NOT ask for license.

The and in the lower left corner of the IMF screen it did not say "manage license" as the ASCU8 shows.

In the IMF I dug around and found SETTINGS. In settings somewhere I found to "REGISTER" the license, which I did and now all is well see attached image!

I hope IObit will program the upgrades to ask for the license to assist the user to register the upgrade, since the IMF will not upgrade automatically if you do not register the license to minimize confusion and wasting time.

I appreciate your assistance enoskype!

Have a great day!

Laurie

:-)Thumbs up|;-)Thumbs up:-)

Hi Laurie,

Thanks for your sugegstion. I will report it to our product team and we will continue to make improvements.

For the warning popup in your first post, it is a false positive and w have communicated to solve it.

Thanks for your trust and support.

Thanks enoskype's timely reply.

Archived