IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Does Game Booster really defrag your hard drive? (solid state drive concern)

I know... I know. Game Booster on a SSD, it's already super fast and stable. But I really like the process and service closing.

Been using Game Booster 3 for years. One thing I've noticed is that after boosting it mentions it defrags RAM, which is potentially a bad thing for SSD's. I don't have a SSD right now, but my old hard computer did and I'm planning on getting one to put in this new one. I've done some ggogling and apparently it doesn't actually defrag, but rather frees up the RAM. One old thread related to Game Booster 2 a dev said they were gonna change the wording to "frees up" or "releases" RAM, but it doesn't appear they ever actually did that seeing as it still says defrag in 3.

Anyway... seeing the word defrag really bothers me. Is Game Booster completely safe to use on a SSD?

I've noticed is that after boosting it mentions it defrags RAM

Sorry but I never heard of anythingthat defrags a RAM. May I ask on how you were able to come up with that conclusion? 1.gif

Sauberlime

Please read posts fully before you comment. The OP has stated that the word Defrag was used in error by Iobit, and the term "Free up Ram" is what is meant.

• 2 years later...
I know... I know. Game Booster on a SSD, it's already super fast and stable. But I really like the process and service closing.

Been using Game Booster 3 for years. One thing I've noticed is that after boosting it mentions it defrags RAM, which is potentially a bad thing for SSD's. I don't have a SSD right now, but my old hard computer did and I'm planning on getting one to put in this new one. I've done some ggogling and apparently it doesn't actually defrag, but rather frees up the RAM. One old thread related to Game Booster 2 a dev said they were gonna change the wording to "frees up" or "releases" RAM, but it doesn't appear they ever actually did that seeing as it still says defrag in 3.

Anyway... seeing the word defrag really bothers me. Is Game Booster completely safe to use on a SSD?

Yeah, Game Booster is a really great tool when it comes to speed up the FPS [Foot Per Second] in online gaming. Because as you already know, when it comes to play any online FPS is a basic need for enjoying the gaming online.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
But its pretty depend upon which SSD you are using I love to play game but not heavy games, and I am using MyDigitalSSD 120GB, and it is enough for me but if you love to play games than you can use Samsung 960 Pro than you visit: ReviewsDir

But its pretty depend upon which SSD you are using I love to play game but not heavy games, and I am using MyDigitalSSD 120GB, and it is enough for me but if you love to play games than you can use Samsung 960 Pro than you visit: ReviewsDir

• 3 months later...

Sorry but I never heard of anythingthat defrags a RAM. May I ask on how you were able to come up with that conclusion? 1.gif

I've never heard of anything that defrags RAM either. I'm calling shenanigans on this one unless someone can provide proof of some kind. I'd love to see it.

• 5 months later...

Archived