IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC registry defrag cuased major crash

Bigmac7

Hi There

I have installed ASC 3.0 on my Dell latittude D630 running Vista SP1. I had pushed the Care button and then decided to run the registry defrag. I was asked if I'd like to restart the computer to complete the defrag. I said yes and then returned to see my computer cycling from a restart point to a "Configuring updates: Stage 3 of 3 0% complete" screen to a Shutting down and the process repeating itself.

I have tried running a system restore, restarting in Safe mode and every other option in between.

Please help - if there is anything other then formatting and starting again.

Thanks

ASC should have made copies of your registry files before working on them. See Sharon's post here. The whole thread is here.

The .iobittemp files Sharon references appear to be the original registry files. The files Sharon deletes are the defragged (corrupt?) registry files. (Rename those to *.bak files as she suggests instead of deleting them.)

You'll need to boot into DOS via floppy, USB drive or CD, then navigate to the c:\windows\system32\config\ directory to make the changes. I'd even go so far as to make copies of the .iobittemp files before you rename them, so you have good originals.

Archived