IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Causes System Crash/can't start pc?

TheGreatGypsy

I have used Smart Defrag 4 on both Windows 7 and 8 and love it. I have just recently got around to building my own pc. Windows 8, i7-4790, ASUS Z97 Gaming 9 mobo (can't check rest of specs at the moment, not at home. Will update when I return). Decided to put the latest version of Smart Defrag 4 on it. Goes through the installation process, and install it on my SSD (my boot drive, as well as where I keep my important programs). After installation, it tries to start the program, but instantly freezes my pc. After about 30 seconds, my pc shuts down. I tried rebooting, but it won't even go to the BIOS yet. Unfortunately I have an appointment I need to keep, so I have to save the rest of my troubleshooting for later tonight. But I could really use some help here, because at the moment, it's looking like my pc is about to become a paperweight.

I have used Smart Defrag 4 on both Windows 7 and 8 and love it. I have just recently got around to building my own pc. Windows 8, i7-4790, ASUS Z97 Gaming 9 mobo (can't check rest of specs at the moment, not at home. Will update when I return). Decided to put the latest version of Smart Defrag 4 on it. Goes through the installation process, and install it on my SSD (my boot drive, as well as where I keep my important programs). After installation, it tries to start the program, but instantly freezes my pc. After about 30 seconds, my pc shuts down. I tried rebooting, but it won't even go to the BIOS yet. Unfortunately I have an appointment I need to keep, so I have to save the rest of my troubleshooting for later tonight. But I could really use some help here, because at the moment, it's looking like my pc is about to become a paperweight.

Hi TheGreatGypsy,

Welcome to IObit Forum.:-)

When you mentioned freezes, do you mean Smart Defrag freezes or the computer freezes?

Please log into your computer in safe mode and try again to see how it works.

If the issues continues, please just let us know.

Archived