IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

asc8 is safe?

karrygun

if i do scan with 1 click without change them options, i can be sure that i'll not have problems?

i've used asc7 and i crashed my hard disk because i had done a change in partition after the maintenance with your program.

but i've understood the my mistake. but i've the suspect that these type of programs can destroy the systems. i've read many comments and many tell that is a good program and many tell that destroy the pc.

same thing for driver booster.

now i've a macbook , but i would have info now on asc8 , because soon i'll have a notebook used and i'll install avira+comodo firewall.

in asc7 there was protections , but maybe them could give problems in free version. there is also on asc8?

for now i not have under mine eyes which are the setting of 1 click-maintenance. you could put a screenshot to me? thank

Hi karrygun

Welcome to the forum.

Only you can decide whether a program is safe/suitable for your system(s).

It is never wise to simply select everything and then scan and repair. You should select scan items individually at first until you are sure the perform to your requirements. When you are satisfied, you can then select multiple scan items if you wish.

You should also check all settings to ensure they are set to your requirements/preferences.

You should also read the Product Manual, which you can view through the Download Iobit Products link at the top of the forum page. The manuals are in the support section dropdown menu.

As for Driver Booster. This is a utility which should be used with great care, as mistakes with system drivers can cause serious issues.

While DB can help to identify outdated drivers it cannot guarantee that the newer versions are suitable for you system and or hardware. You should always research a driver with the manufacturer before updating.

Never do batch ( multiple) updates. Do them one at a time so if an issue occurs you will know which driver update is responsible and can do a rollback to the original driver.

Always ensure your system restore is functioning so that you can undo any mistakes.

through your write , seems then that these programs are dungerous also with default settings . but this problems happens if you do also the scan every 1 month? i've read peeps happy of this program and them have used this program for 2 years. i've seen that if i do too maintenance with any programs, they create problems. then i would say if i use this program only when i need it, i'll have serious problems.

i was happy to use this program and db , but if i risk too of damage the notebook, then i'll not use it.

As I said, only you can decide.

I have been using ASC for over 6 years and never had an issue. I do not scan everything as it is not necessary. I scan....malware removal, registry fix, junk files clean and Privacy sweep.

I never select Deep Clean in the settings as it can cause issues.

I use the other functions only if I have an issue.

I use Auto Care, which works in the background and always keeps my machine clean and optimised.

no, i mean only use care option and without malware removal. i've seen that deep scan and use the other utility can create problems. but i would say if the scan care is safe or nope, changing nothing in option.

Hi karrygun,

Please sure that ASC is highly tested and is completely safe to use. If you encounter any issues while using ASC, please feel free to let us know.

@Scannan,

Thanks very much for your efforts and well done.:oops:

Archived