IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Driver Booster V3.3 Lands!

Cicely

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installed Date: I did a clean install of Windows 10 TP 10162 on my Intel Haswell i5 4460. DB found two drivers to update. One from Intel and from Realtek.

My question is why do a lot of the drivers from Microsoft in the list have an installed date of 21 June 2006? Clearly if I just installed 10162 a few days ago the drivers could not have been installed nine years ago

For example the driver ACPI Thermal Zone version 10.0.10162.0 by Microsoft is showing and install date of 21 June 2006. I have attached a picture comparing the infomration in Driver Booster vs the driver information shown in NirSoft Driver View. Maybe the date column should be changed from Installed Date to "Driver Date" or there should be two columns, one for Driver Date and one for Installed Date.

It is driver releasing date, not driver installation date.

I was a bit premature on the driver updates to my Dragon Touch 8". it turns out that the driver update to the Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) driver killed the audio. Below are the details.

Driver that DB 3.0 Beta Installed

Intel SST Audio Device (WDM)

Date: 11/7/2014

This resulted in loss of sound

Dragon Touch Details

CPU: Intel Atom Z3735F Bay Trail-T

HWiNFO64 - Says Audio - Unknown or None

From Windows Device Mgr

Sound, video and game controllers

Intel SST Audio Devices (WDM)

Driver Provider - Intel

Driver Date - 9/1/2014 (About two months before the date on the driver that DB 3.0 Beta installed)

Driver Version: 603.9600.2801.48116

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Provider

Realtek I25 Audio Code - The driver for this updated without a problem

I checked the Windows Event log and there were no error messages

I was able to use DB 3.0 Beta to roll back the driver to the one from 9/1/2014 and the sound returned. I then told DB to igmore driver updates for this device.

I was a bit premature on the driver updates to my Dragon Touch 8". it turns out that the driver update to the Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) driver killed the audio. Below are the details.

Driver that DB 3.0 Beta Installed

Intel SST Audio Device (WDM)

Date: 11/7/2014

This resulted in loss of sound

Dragon Touch Details

CPU: Intel Atom Z3735F Bay Trail-T

HWiNFO64 - Says Audio - Unknown or None

From Windows Device Mgr

Sound, video and game controllers

Intel SST Audio Devices (WDM)

Driver Provider - Intel

Driver Date - 9/1/2014 (About two months before the date on the driver that DB 3.0 Beta installed)

Driver Version: 603.9600.2801.48116

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Provider

Realtek I25 Audio Code - The driver for this updated without a problem

I checked the Windows Event log and there were no error messages

I was able to use DB 3.0 Beta to roll back the driver to the one from 9/1/2014 and the sound returned. I then told DB to igmore driver updates for this device.

Hi Buddanhfan,

Could you please help us look into this issue with the following steps?

1. Run Driver Booster again and scan. This time please do not update the drivers in case that the same problem happens again.

2. Download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com

We will analyze the file and look into the problem asap.

Thanks for your patience. Looking forward to your reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I tried my Realtek problem on Driver Booster 3 beta. The driver updated fine without losing the connection (DB2 has done this too, in a previous effort) but internet speed is very slow. I think there's something wrong with this particular driver, or it's not meant for my (old) adapter.

A suggestion on DB3: you could make an option available to each individual update: right-click/Report, then the user can add a small description of the problem. It will make reporting quick and precise.

I'll also agree with Jerry G about the wheel/alien-lurking ventilator shaft. It is annoying to the eyes and I'd disable it or replace it with something more subtle. You could add an animation on/off option, too.

You could also add an "Ignore Driver" option. This would be prevent a particular (and problematic) driver from notifying/installing, but it wouldn't stop the update check for that device, for future drivers.

Hi TheChecker

There are some facts about what you mentioned:

1. If you don't want to update a certain driver, just right click the related devices to choose Ignore. And this device won't be checked for updates until you recover it from the ignore list in Settings.

2. If you're sure that is a problem update, we hope you report it to us and we will add it to our "watch list". Once more users report the same problem, we will move it to our "block list", which means it will be removed from the database and users won't get it again. But when a newer update come out, we will put it into the database again.

Let me know if you want to know more.

Thanks Cicely. About 1. yes, the only problem with that is that the device is never checked again (unless the user manually removes the 'ignore'). My suggestion was to add an option to "Ignore" a single driver update/device combination, so let's say if a newer driver appears after 2 weeks, DB will report it.

2. Yes, it's most certainly a problem update, at least for my system.

DB never discovered the audio drivers for my old motherboard's integrated audio. Here is its information window from Device Manager, let me know if you need something else:

Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service HdAudAddService for Device Instance ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_198B&SUBSYS_1043829B&REV_1004\4&B3DDC6A&0&0001 with the following status: 0.

The drivers can be found here: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5...Desk_Download/

You have to select Windows 7 32 or 64 bit (there are no drivers under Windows 8/8.1), and those drivers work for Windows 8/10, too. After downloading them, the file setup.exe inside the Win7 folder needs to be opened and drivers will install for Win 8/10, too. The asussetup.exe file will not work on Windows 8/10.

1. Driver Booster 3 Beta 2 requires registration, but is not possible use a valid Driver Booster 2 serial / registration key. Is there some a solution?
  2. Driver Booster 3 Beta 2 did not find any update, while the Driver Booster 2 found 3 updates! Does there isn't anything wrong? Strange widget - seems like toy.

Thanks Cicely. About 1. yes, the only problem with that is that the device is never checked again (unless the user manually removes the 'ignore'). My suggestion was to add an option to "Ignore" a single driver update/device combination, so let's say if a newer driver appears after 2 weeks, DB will report it.

2. Yes, it's most certainly a problem update, at least for my system.

DB never discovered the audio drivers for my old motherboard's integrated audio. Here is its information window from Device Manager, let me know if you need something else:

Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service HdAudAddService for Device Instance ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_198B&SUBSYS_1043829B&REV_1004\4&B3DDC6A&0&0001 with the following status: 0.

The drivers can be found here: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5...Desk_Download/

You have to select Windows 7 32 or 64 bit (there are no drivers under Windows 8/8.1), and those drivers work for Windows 8/10, too. After downloading them, the file setup.exe inside the Win7 folder needs to be opened and drivers will install for Win 8/10, too. The asussetup.exe file will not work on Windows 8/10.

@TheChecker,

Please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com with your post link.

We will check it asap. Thanks a lot.

1. Driver Booster 3 Beta 2 requires registration, but is not possible use a valid Driver Booster 2 serial / registration key. Is there some a solution?
  2. Driver Booster 3 Beta 2 did not find any update, while the Driver Booster 2 found 3 updates! Does there isn't anything wrong? Strange widget - seems like toy.

@kaljukass

1. Is your key giveaway license code? If you don't mind, please send your key to dbfeedback@iobit.com and we will check it.

2. Please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com with your post link.

Good luck to You, I do not trust You no more. I've helped you a lot, tested new software, have submitted recommendations, have been sold (affiliate programs) etc. You promised a lot, so far there is no promise fulfilled. Not one. Enough, how long is needed to believe. Will not believe anything anymore.

I have added the latest beta of DB 3 Pro and it automatically added registration with the number I had for version 2 so, not issues there.

I noticed that it found three drivers that version 2 didn't but one troubles me, it is a USB driver and is listed as an Alcor manufacturer but

my computer uses Intel/Microsoft drivers,

Good luck to You, I do not trust You no more. I've helped you a lot, tested new software, have submitted recommendations, have been sold (affiliate programs) etc. You promised a lot, so far there is no promise fulfilled. Not one. Enough, how long is needed to believe. Will not believe anything anymore.

@kaljukass,

Thank you so much for what you've done for IObit. If my reply offended you, I apologize and I didn't mean that.

We are trying to look into the problems you reported. I was just wandering if maybe you wanted to provide the information so we can eliminate the misunderstandings and questions.

Hope we can still trust each other.

I have added the latest beta of DB 3 Pro and it automatically added registration with the number I had for version 2 so, not issues there.

I noticed that it found three drivers that version 2 didn't but one troubles me, it is a USB driver and is listed as an Alcor manufacturer but

my computer uses Intel/Microsoft drivers,

Hi Pendaws,

Please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com with your post link.

Hi Buddanhfan,

1. Run Driver Booster again and scan. This time please do not update the drivers in case that the same problem happens again.

2. Download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com

Sorry for the long delay. In anycase I can not do as you request since I no longer have the Windows 8.1 tablet which is where the problem occurred.

Hi Buddanhfan,

Sorry for the long delay. In anycase I can not do as you request since I no longer have the Windows 8.1 tablet which is where the problem occurred.

Okay....

Pls feel free to let me know if there is any feedback again :)

Thanks Cicely, I did get a reply and have since updated that driver but, now I have another issue that popped up today after that.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 is already up to date, according to Driver Booster 2.4 but, in Driver Booster 3.0 beta it wants me to update

the same software that is installed and it shows as update failed?

Just thought I would let you know. :)

George