IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Driver Booster V3.3 Lands!

Cicely

Windows 10 DB v3 Beta 2

Free version. I noticed this morning after a Windows 10 reboot that DB popped up after the reboot and told me I had drivers to update and to activate now which means to purchase a license. I have a license for DB but it is for only three computers and I chose not to buy an additional license for this computer so it is using the free version. Anyway I closed the popup and opened DB I did a scan and it said that I had no updates.

Recommendation. Do not show this popup as a stand alone without showing the drivers that need to be updated after a scan. Ratjher if IObit does't want the free version to update all the drivers in the free version then show all the drivers that need to be updated after a scan is run but say "Activate to download and install: next to those drivers.

P.S. Those same drivers showed up on the paid version but ironically the update failed.so I put them on ignore. The drivers are gaming drivers, Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64). As I recall there were three or four of them.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Cicely, I did get a reply and have since updated that driver but, now I have another issue that popped up today after that.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 is already up to date, according to Driver Booster 2.4 but, in Driver Booster 3.0 beta it wants me to update

the same software that is installed and it shows as update failed?

Just thought I would let you know. :)

George

Thank you George. Please continue to contact my colleague via that support email. They will look into it again :)

Windows 10 DB v3 Beta 2

Free version. I noticed this morning after a Windows 10 reboot that DB popped up after the reboot and told me I had drivers to update and to activate now which means to purchase a license. I have a license for DB but it is for only three computers and I chose not to buy an additional license for this computer so it is using the free version. Anyway I closed the popup and opened DB I did a scan and it said that I had no updates.

Recommendation. Do not show this popup as a stand alone without showing the drivers that need to be updated after a scan. Ratjher if IObit does't want the free version to update all the drivers in the free version then show all the drivers that need to be updated after a scan is run but say "Activate to download and install: next to those drivers.

P.S. Those same drivers showed up on the paid version but ironically the update failed.so I put them on ignore. The drivers are gaming drivers, Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64). As I recall there were three or four of them.

@Buddahfan,

Please help us check these problems as below:

1. Tell us your license code

2. Take screenshots of the mentioned popups and error messages

3. Download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe,, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop

4. Send the information above to dbfeedback@iobit.com with your post link

We will reply you asap. Thanks a lot.

Driver Booster 3 Beta 2 and Driver Booster 2.4 shows same number of outdated drivers and of same type...but different version and release date? why is that?

See screenshots!!!

@Jitzy_JT,

Please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com with your post link.

We will check it asap. Thanks a lot.

Hello again,....Now both DB3 Beta 2 and DB 2.4 showing the same drivers with same version, release date, publisher and size......I think you guys have updated the database of DB2 ...Good Job :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n210073[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n210074[/ATTACH]

Windows 10 DB v3 Beta 2

Cicely:

I wish I could help further on this. Unfortunately over the weekend that computer running W10 crashed and and as a result I lost access to the Start Page and everything reachable by it. So I did a new install of Windows 10 on that computer which of course removes whatever helpful infomration might have been there. That information is now lost. If I see the situation with Driver Booster again I will try to remember to follow your suggestion.

Hello again,....Now both DB3 Beta 2 and DB 2.4 showing the same drivers with same version, release date, publisher and size......I think you guys have updated the database of DB2 ...Good Job :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n210073[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n210074[/ATTACH]

Please refer to v3 scan result only. Thanks.

Windows 10 DB v3 Beta 2

Cicely:

I wish I could help further on this. Unfortunately over the weekend that computer running W10 crashed and and as a result I lost access to the Start Page and everything reachable by it. So I did a new install of Windows 10 on that computer which of course removes whatever helpful infomration might have been there. That information is now lost. If I see the situation with Driver Booster again I will try to remember to follow your suggestion.

Thank you in advance Buddahfan. Yeah, shoot us any time :)

DB 3 Beta Pro 2 v3.0.2.94 not catching a Dell wireless driver update. I was having problems with the wireless driver. I did a scan with DB 3 Beta 2 Pro and it said all drivers were up to date. I checked Windows 10 Device Manager and it said my wireless driver was 10.0.0.315 dated 5/11/15. I went to the Dell driver download website and it said the latest wireless driver for the computer was 10.0.0.318 dated 5/15/15.

I downloaded and installed the driver. So far no problems but it did require a reset of my TV. I rescanned with DB 3 Beta 2 and indicated the correct wireless driver number.

DB3 beta 2 worked really well on my laptop. It updated 18 drivers although I had to run it twice. It updated 13 the first time and 5 the second. My desktop is another story. I am now getting system hangs and my keyboard occasionally quite functioning. It would be good to have some sort of diagnostic tool that could find the conflicting drivers. I did notice one potential bug. The feedback button opens a window with a dialogue box, but when I hit send it just times out without sending the feedback.

I just noticed something else. The action center is recommending that I install IOBit Malware Fighter. This is already installed so apparently the Action Center is unable to detect previously installed software.

Hello Cicely,

Always had issues with DB v. 2 installing drivers that seem it mess up my systems, however, I decided to give DB3 a try. Most drivers I already had updated myself manually, like NVidia and Relatek, however, with this machine, trying to find the newest driver for a 4 yr. old Dell Alienware running Intel is a royal pain in my brain. DB3 seems to have updated all those hard to find drivers, both Intel & Dell, that made my life horrible! Thus far, no issues that I have found, and system seems to run very nicely.

I will keep ya informed if I come across any problems!

Thanks,

ACCPresidentLB

DB 3 Beta Pro 2 v3.0.2.94 not catching a Dell wireless driver update. I was having problems with the wireless driver. I did a scan with DB 3 Beta 2 Pro and it said all drivers were up to date. I checked Windows 10 Device Manager and it said my wireless driver was 10.0.0.315 dated 5/11/15. I went to the Dell driver download website and it said the latest wireless driver for the computer was 10.0.0.318 dated 5/15/15.

I downloaded and installed the driver. So far no problems but it did require a reset of my TV. I rescanned with DB 3 Beta 2 and indicated the correct wireless driver number.

Hi Buddahfan,

We'd like to find driver after you provide us with the following information:

1. Tell us the brand and detailed model of your computer or motherboard

2. Download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file.

3. Send the model information and the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com with your post link.

Thank you.

DB3 beta 2 worked really well on my laptop. It updated 18 drivers although I had to run it twice. It updated 13 the first time and 5 the second. My desktop is another story. I am now getting system hangs and my keyboard occasionally quite functioning. It would be good to have some sort of diagnostic tool that could find the conflicting drivers. I did notice one potential bug. The feedback button opens a window with a dialogue box, but when I hit send it just times out without sending the feedback.

I just noticed something else. The action center is recommending that I install IOBit Malware Fighter. This is already installed so apparently the Action Center is unable to detect previously installed software.

Thank you for your feedback @Walte58,

1. System hanging & keyborad malfunction:

Please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com with your post link.

2. Feedback failure:

It's always caused by network condition. So we provide more feedback ways.

3. IMF version problem:

Does DB recommend you to install IMF or just update it? Which version of IMF are you using now?

Hello Cicely,

Always had issues with DB v. 2 installing drivers that seem it mess up my systems, however, I decided to give DB3 a try. Most drivers I already had updated myself manually, like NVidia and Relatek, however, with this machine, trying to find the newest driver for a 4 yr. old Dell Alienware running Intel is a royal pain in my brain. DB3 seems to have updated all those hard to find drivers, both Intel & Dell, that made my life horrible! Thus far, no issues that I have found, and system seems to run very nicely.

I will keep ya informed if I come across any problems!

Thanks,

ACCPresidentLB

Glad to know you have good experience with DB 3 beta :)

Thanks Cicely,

I attached the file and sent it as an email like you requested for the system hang problem. The IMF version problem seems to have resolved itself. I'm not sure why but it is no longer recommending I install IMF. Maybe it just required a reboot?

For me, driver booster 3 beta 2.0 has been a huge jump since 2.3. There are much more drivers being found and the speed of the scan is has improved. I definitely like the UI options, both very flashy. There are a few drivers still that maybe you could check on. I rolled back a bunch of drivers on my computer and tested the Driver Booster 3, and it was much better at finding those drivers but still a few are lacking. Can you check on the HID compliant touch-screen drivers because when I rolled it back, the Driver Booster was not able to find the updated driver on your cloud. Also, I have a suggestion for Driver Booster 2.3 Pro users like me. Is it possible that we can get a free upgrade to Driver Booster 3 if our license is not yet expired. That would be a great idea. I also have another idea to be able to skip certain updates for drivers but watch for the next updated one. WIth my touchpad, the update made my touchpad worse, so I wonder if it is possible to let it ignore this update but not the future updates it releases because on the Driver Booster, it only allows you to hide it or ignore it, which I do not want. I will keep you updated as well on any other drivers that aren't found.