IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Adnvanced systemcare v.8.3 slowing down boot time

RzRSkRym97

Hi everyone.

I have been using Iobit products for almost 3 years and all of theme were great except the last version of advanced systemcare (v8.3). Until now I had no problems with my boot time(don't confuse boot time with startup time there not the same coming from and pc programist /mechanic ) using A.S.C.

Usually when I install a fresh windows copy the 1st thing I do is get my drivers and then immediately get A.S.C and Driver Booster. Until yesterday that I somehow forgot to run A.S.C before shuting down the laptop. On the next day that I opend the Laptop I noticed that the boot time was like form 35sec to 10sec without running A.S.C witch made me wonder is A.S.C the prob of my slow boot times.

so this is the question I need answered, if anyone know why this is caused pls give me a hint on what I can do.

Hi RzRSkRym97,

Welcome to IObit Forum. :)

Normally ASC will not cause this issue. Did you set ASC to load automatically at Windows startup?

Sometimes, too many startup items will cause slow boot time, it is suggested to use Startup Manager under Toolbox in ASC to disable unwanted startup items.

Hi Cicely

I think you did not understand what I mean I'm talking about ASC slowing down the boot time of my laptop wich is the time taken for the OS to load after the BIOS has finished(boot time) that time is the problem I'm facing.

Not the time that my OS takes to load up system services and startup items (startup time).

Hi again Cicely

I forgot to mention how I realized that the problem what ASC.

When I didn't scan with ASC and let it shut down with the automatic option witch btw is a (great feature in general I really like your products).

On the other day I saw my laptop have a much faster boot time as mentioned before form like 35sec with ASC run the previous night and without ASC run the previous night was like 10sec.

Hi clippittee

I did check the boot time. But then I asked my self how can a program only affect my boot time and not my start up time.

Which created another question is ASC really responsible for my delayed boot time.

Turns out it wasn't ASC din't affect my boot time my HDD had bad sectors so I ordered an 265GB SSD in replacement for the old HDD I have witch I intend to keep as an separate disk.

Hi RzRSkRym97,

I got your concern. Since you have scanned and repaired with ASC before you shut down your computer, then the next day when you boot the computer, ASC will continue to finish the repair process, so it will take a little more time for system boot.

Please kindly note that some issues will be fixed completely after reboot.

We appreciate your understanding. :oops:

Archived