IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

create file failed code 5 access denied

lonnyb06

Error 5

Hi lonneyb06-Error 5 usually means app.is running(in the background)or app. is being used by another resource-biggest culprit here is make sure the current version isn't running when you try to upgrade-follow Solbjerg's post-starting from square one and you should be OK-Solbjerg's link should be required "read me"text as part of the EULA :razz:

Error 5

Hi again lonnyb06-glad to hear you have something up and running that you're happy with-does this mean you've put the upgrade on hold for now?You could load ASC to a different folder from another source so it appears as a new and different install,but you can't have both running at the same time.Enoskype is a master in this area,and could guide you through the process-there were details in a previous post,but I can't locate them-best of luck

• 3 months later...
Hi Dragon

The information detailer is referring to is here

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=11665#post11665

One of the posts in Usage of IObit Programs

Cheers

solbjerg

OK, I removed what was on the desktop and did another download. This time I saw the unblock feature and clicked it to unblock. I was still unable to install the program. I did, however, forget to download the program to its own folder, but I did suspend my AV and ThreatFire program.

Would one of the actions I missed, make a difference? I love this program and would very much like to see it in action, again.

Hi Dragon

Did you follow the uninstall procedure and then the install procedure.

First you have to stop the automatic functions in the program then uninstall it and then delete the leftover folder in usually C:/programs/Iobit/ASC

After this you have to configure the "problems" in the first run before clicking repair. Because all your previous settings have been removed together with the folder.

Please read the thread Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section.

Cheers

solbjerg

OK, I removed what was on the desktop and did another download. This time I saw the unblock feature and clicked it to unblock. I was still unable to install the program. I did, however, forget to download the program to its own folder, but I did suspend my AV and ThreatFire program.

Would one of the actions I missed, make a difference? I love this program and would very much like to see it in action, again.

Hi Dragon

Did you follow the uninstall procedure and then the install procedure.

First you have to stop the automatic functions in the program then uninstall it and then delete the leftover folder in usually C:/programs/Iobit/ASC

After this you have to configure the "problems" in the first run before clicking repair. Because all your previous settings have been removed together with the folder.

Please read the thread Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section.

Cheers

solbjerg

OK, I am back to square one, with all Iobit SmartDefrag files gone. I have a couple of questions so I'll be sure I'm on the same page.

By automatic functions, I assume you are talking about suspending programs like Avast and ThreatFire?

What are you referring to when you talk about running repair? I did download Advanced System Care and run that.

With all traces I can find of SmartDefrag gone, I don't know why it doesn't install now as it did the first time around, back in February. It was a snap to download and install.

Hi Dragon

I am talking about the automatic functions in SmartDefrag - the settings that makes them it automatically.

Please read about the Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section

Especially the post talking about Install-Uninstall- and the post describing SmartDefrag.

Cheers

solbjerg

OK, I am back to square one, with all Iobit SmartDefrag files gone. I have a couple of questions so I'll be sure I'm on the same page.

By automatic functions, I assume you are talking about suspending programs like Avast and ThreatFire?

What are you referring to when you talk about running repair? I did download Advanced System Care and run that.

With all traces I can find of SmartDefrag gone, I don't know why it doesn't install now as it did the first time around, back in February. It was a snap to download and install.

Hi Dragon

I am talking about the automatic functions in SmartDefrag - the settings that makes them it automatically.

Please read about the Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section

Especially the post talking about Install-Uninstall- and the post describing SmartDefrag.

Cheers

solbjerg

Success! I remembered where I downloaded the first time: majorgeeks.com. This time around things went smoothly (well, there was one glitch, when it was in Russian, so I did have to start over for that). I didn't have to unblock or make any other adjustments.

I'm a happy guy.

Hi Dragon

Great! Pleased to hear it!

The unblocking of the install file is only possible if you first download and save the install file to a folder or to your desktop.

The reason I advocate this is partly because of the unblocking and partly because you then have the file on your computer if you need a fresh install.

Cheers

solbjerg

Success! I remembered where I downloaded the first time: majorgeeks.com. This time around things went smoothly (well, there was one glitch, when it was in Russian, so I did have to start over for that). I didn't have to unblock or make any other adjustments.

I'm a happy guy.

But I didn't save it to its own file, nor did I see a blocking that I had to turn off. There is a difference between the download at Iobit and the one at majorgeek's. What that difference is, I don't know, aside from being easy at the latter.

Dragon-Glad you've got it.Sounds like you just chose "run" or "open" the file(installer)Probably downloaded with IE? You didn't take the "save option"-it's no matter,but I agree with Solbjerg on saving the exe file-it's handy for a reinstallation.That's why I use Firefox-you have to save the download file-you can always delete it later if you wish.

Dragon-Glad you've got it.Sounds like you just chose "run" or "open" the file(installer)Probably downloaded with IE? You didn't take the "save option"-it's no matter,but I agree with Solbjerg on saving the exe file-it's handy for a reinstallation.That's why I use Firefox-you have to save the download file-you can always delete it later if you wish.

It was a regular download like most others. I clicked "save" and "install." But no, I use FF, as most sane people should. ;) Once I get a bigger HD, I'll be learning Linux Mint.

Archived