IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC9 Beta testing feedback, comments and tips

Odanion

Just did the clean and optimize for the first time on a pretty clean install of windows 10. It worked like a charm, it found everything I knew was wrong (I usually break a few things to test) and a few I did not even know about, including a popup to install microsoft silverlight which I had forgotten to install. If this would also check for missing things like directX and .net and C++ in those That would be divine and very easy to make sure things are up to date as the newer versions of windows only emulate the older directx with the newer programs and run smoother if you install the older runtimes.

I will continue to test this product out.

Update 1: TheProtect settings in windows 10 seem to only protect microsoft edge. I cannot change the protected search engine to Google, only surfvox and bing and I have the homepage set to google, but Chrome does not recognize it.

I am worried that the other parts of the protection will not help me either (except for those that do not depend on browser use ofc)

Update 2: The Iobit win fix

This allows you to fix problems in Windows 10 (Awesome!) and problems in microsoft explorer (as of windows 10 most people will be switching over to microsoft edge most likely and this will be useless) and media player (always has been a useless app)

Suggestion: Make it detect windows 10 and add microsoft edge (or maybe even just replace explorer with edge) and allow some of the most popular media players, like real player(I do not use it) Itunes (also do not use it) and VLC player (probably the most widely used media player)

Update 3: Startup manager

Overall this is a very handy thing, lets you start your pc faster, and who doesn't want that eh?

Problem is that some of the items that are being called optional can actually break some programs that need them to use (in the services section) These should be on enable regardless of how much they speed up your pc, lesser pc tech savvy people will disable them and not understand what is wrong.

Suggestion: I run various media servers which NEED to be running in order for them to work, maybe it would be an idea to change the value of all servers to enable instead of optional. I know it says optional, but for things that are required to run it may confuse other users, no?

Update 4:

IObit registry cleaner.

Despite doing the initial scan it found a few more problems. This time I also add in the deep scan which found 180 items, but after running it again I found another 45, after that no more. Why did it not find the last 45 right away or did the deepscan initially break something in the process and then fix it again?

Update 6:

Suggestion: IObit large file finder. This is quite a handytool, BUT it scans either everything or specific folders. It would be nice if you could make it so that you can scan everything AND exclude a few folders, as finding large items in yourpgrogram files folder is a waste of time

Update 7:

Default Program.

I can see quite a lot of things here that were not before (the windows 10 standard programs) However, for email only outlook shows up and not the internet browsers (not all of us use a mail service) and for File Compression it shows my 7zip, but not my winmount which is a shame

None of these are big issues but would be nice to see them.

Hi Odanion,

Wow! Thumbs up We can easily see that you have done a great test on ASC v9 beta 1.0. Thanks very much for your feedback.

I will record all your suggestions and concerns and feed back to our product team for checking and improving the product.

FYI:

1. Homepage Protection, Internet Booster and Surfing Protection function do not support Chrome v39 according to security rules built since Chrome v39.

Please get more information at http://forums.iobit.com/forum/advanc...ome-version-39

2. When the send feedback function does not work, please contact us directly by email at iobitfeedback@gmail.com or in the Forum.

3. In Large File Finder, you are able to add folders to excluded list in the settings of the tool.

4. The registry cleaner situation is not a bug or problem. Some invalid registry key value can only be scanned out after its directed regiostry key value is fixed.

Cheers!

Hi Odanion,

Wow! Thumbs up We can easily see that you have done a great test on ASC v9 beta 1.0. Thanks very much for your feedback.

I will record all your suggestions and concerns and feed back to our product team for checking and improving the product.

FYI:

1. Homepage Protection, Internet Booster and Surfing Protection function do not support Chrome v39 according to security rules built since Chrome v39.

Please get more information at http://forums.iobit.com/forum/advanc...ome-version-39

2. When the send feedback function does not work, please contact us directly by email at iobitfeedback@gmail.com or in the Forum.

3. In Large File Finder, you are able to add folders to excluded list in the settings of the tool.

4. The registry cleaner situation is not a bug or problem. Some invalid registry key value can only be scanned out after its directed regiostry key value is fixed.

Cheers!

Thanks for the welcome

1. I did not know this and this is a shame, may be yet another reason for me to switch over to microsoft edge once it is slightly more improved (its still a little basic)

2. The main reason I came to the forums was because it did not function, but I will keep an eye on it and continue to try and use it.

3. Yeah I had managed to find that, not used to seeing the 3 horizontal line layout for more options (I was looking for a cog wheel or something like that) but the new design fits in very nicely with windows 10

4. Thanks for clearing that up, I had a feeling that was what was going on but wanted to check just to make sure.

Once again thanks for the hello and the info, I will continue to diligently test this product

I am just glad to see devs that really interact with the testers.

Update 9:

in the startup manager, Quick optimization, very often I need to reoptimize my SSD, I am unsure why this needs to be done so often while the other deep optimize settings remain fully optimized.

Update 10:

During the standard scan it found 2 security holes in windows update files (see attachment)

Does this mean that those two updates have holes and will be fixed or does the program read those two updates AS security holes and will remove them?

Nevermind, please ignore those posts. I decided to risk it (I could always get them back) but while watching the fix, it downloaded those updates to FIX security holes. I understand it much better.

Suggestion: Add somewhere there that the files will be downloaded to fix the holes before others get confused once it goes live

Computer Model: HP Pavilion ze4500

Processor: AMD Athlon XP2500+ @ 1.86GHz

Ram: 1GB

Here's what happened with ASC 9 beta & my museum-piece laptop: Somehow ASC 9 beta & it's associated version of uninstaller installed without uninstalling ASC 8.3 & it's associated version of uninstaller -- 1st time that's happened. So I did a full Clean & Optimize with ASC 9 beta with both versions of ASC running & my laptop just cut off during the repair phase. After waiting for my laptop to cool off, I restarted it & just ran ASC 9 beta while not connected to the internet. After the Clean & Optimize was finished successfully, I ran my pointer over the system tray icons for both versions of ASC & discovered that while ASC 9 beta was doing the Clean & Optimize, ASC 8.3 was performing an autoclean -- no wonder my laptop just shut off on me the first time!

Anyway, the beta seemed to do a slightly faster Clean & Optimize than previous version I've still got installed this time around. [ATTACH=CONFIG]n210284[/ATTACH]

Hi Marqust,

Since ASC v9 is still in beta phase, so ASC v8 will be kept on your computer for ensuring stability. From feedback of other users, ASC v9 beta 1.0 does a great and stable job, so you can just keep ASC v9 only as per your needs.

For the Forum issue, please re-log in your account to continue.

Have a good day!

Nevermind, please ignore those posts. I decided to risk it (I could always get them back) but while watching the fix, it downloaded those updates to FIX security holes. I understand it much better.

Suggestion: Add somewhere there that the files will be downloaded to fix the holes before others get confused once it goes live

Hi Odanion,

The downloaded windows updates files normally is backed up in folder SecurityHole_Backup under the installation directory of ASC.

For the SSD optimization issue, please kindly check whether the issue also occurs in Startup Accelerate and Deep Optimization under Speed Up tab. You can check the details by clicking on the Details text link under Startup Accelerate and Deep Optimization features.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi annexia,

This feature is still provided in ASC v9, you can see these options by clicking the downward arrow right beside the Automatically repair option, this means you can shut down or reboot your computer after automatically repair.

Also, if you prefer to manually repair the issues, you can also see shut down or reboot your computer after repair options in the repair screen.

Should you need any help don't hesitate to ask. Have a good day!

• 2 weeks later...

Update 11:

Deep Registry scan windows 10.

I know it has been said here a few times, but I would really recommend adding a warning before the scan runs or when selecting deep scan that it is NOT recommended for windows 10. I had fiddled around with it (I am stress testing the program) by running scans and defrags regularly (as in a few times a day) and just letting it automate what gets fixed/deleted. All of a sudden I was recieving warning messages for missing file paths etc. and finally my pc would no longer startup correctly.

This was a risk I KNEW I was taking, but not everyone will know this and this can be devestating to some people if they lose their data.

Update 11:

Deep Registry scan windows 10.

I know it has been said here a few times, but I would really recommend adding a warning before the scan runs or when selecting deep scan that it is NOT recommended for windows 10. I had fiddled around with it (I am stress testing the program) by running scans and defrags regularly (as in a few times a day) and just letting it automate what gets fixed/deleted. All of a sudden I was recieving warning messages for missing file paths etc. and finally my pc would no longer startup correctly.

This was a risk I KNEW I was taking, but not everyone will know this and this can be devestating to some people if they lose their data.

See This topic.

• 2 months later...

Been quiet for a while as I had tested most of the 2.0 features without seeing much change, just updated to 3.0 and am surprised and saddened to see many of the tools I had been using have been changed to the pro version meaning I can no longer test those. I had been testing for quite some time now for asc 9 and have to say that by removing this for testing I cannot test as well as before.

But I have not only come here to complain as I said I had tested most of the 2.0 stuff and now I am testing the 3.0 changed.

I have to say the scan itself seems to run slightly faster despite the fact that I have more files for it to go through than before, it found a few more problems that were old that 2.0 did not find and seems to utilize less of my memory and disk than it did before while scanning allowing me to do more while it is scanning

Archived