IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows Vista's Defrag

Larkina

should post in Smart Defrag

Hi Larkina,

This section of the forum is about the Advanced Windows Care program, but I assume you are asking about the Smart defrag Program (on another section of the forum).

I think I would disable any scheduled defrag in the Windows program and let Smart Defrag handle it. When the Windows defrag runs, it compacts files and puts these files in places on the hard disc it "sees" as best for running programs. Smart defrag "sees" this a little differently and will optomize these files in a different order on the disc than the Windows program, so they are kind of conflicting with each other as to how to manage the disc space. You might want to go to the Smart defrag section of the forum and read posts "Questions About Defraggers-and The Iobit One", also "Smart Defrag vs. Windows Defrag" for more info.

samr.

Archived