IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New here...

Paula

I just installed ADV.windows care 3 on my computer and did a disk check and found a bunch of rubbish files. When I right click and selected remove to recycle bin it gives me a message that it can't find read path...I have a bunch of rubbish files that I would like to get rid of...is there not some way to select all and dump them?

Thanks.

Rubbish

Hi Paula-Sounds a bit strange-are you saying that you can't move them one by one to the RC?-If that's the case,something's amiss there,but I'm not sure what.You can send them in groups via a left click/ctrl,then right click and move.But first,we need to find out why the error message-after that,are you sure you want to dump all of those?

Hi Paula-Sounds a bit strange-are you saying that you can't move them one by one to the RC?-If that's the case,something's amiss there,but I'm not sure what.You can send them in groups via a left click/ctrl,then right click and move.But first,we need to find out why the error message-after that,are you sure you want to dump all of those?

Hi Detailer,

all of them are of temp status and older, don't think they have any significance to any other programs so I don't think they would be a problem to eliminate.

Isn't there just a delete button and I am just missing it? Also, how does ASC3 determine what is a rubbish file?

Sorry,unlike other utilities with a check or check all option,the boys at Iobit seem to have left that one out-if it's there,I haven't found it either-happy deleting!Oh,by the way,welcome ;-)

Thanks for the welcome...guess I will be deleting files for a while.

I am sure I will have more questions as I use the program. Anything I should be cautious of with this new version?

be cautious

Hi again Paula-Dave makes a very good point regarding the registry defrag module-though I've had no problems,others have.If you want,just run the analysis step to see what percentage of defragmentation you may or may not have-you can elect not to run the actual repair(best for now)as this seems to have been a one way deal for people who got bit.If you feel it's a high number,say,three to five percent or higher,post back for some alternative utilities to handle this.Now,as far as system optimization,go ahead and run the analysis and look carefully at the list of proposed changes to be made to your OS-local system service changes are no biggies,because they're easily accessible for reversal-It's the actual Windows changes you want to look at carefully-if you don't know what it is or does,Google it-if you're still not sure,add it to the ignore list.You can scan and rescan and go through all these potential changes and "repair" them one at a time if need be,granted a lenghty process,but when you get everything set the way you want it,this utility truly is a "one click" application.Biggest thing to avoid for now,is don't click the big blue CARE button-that's total auto pilot and will not allow you to have any input over the changes that will be made to your OS-best of luck

Archived