IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

WIndows 10 severe crash

marcobost

Hi marcobost,

Please download and install the driver below:

http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/all/355.98-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

If it fails to install, please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file.

Thank you Cicely, but the 355.98 was the driver auto installed by Windows10 and I have got at the time I started to have the crashes and that I started to write the thread.

2 days ago I followed the info I found into the Microsoft forum (post 25, above) running DDU in safemode to totally clean the NVIDIA drivers up. Then I installed the latest 358.50 VIDEO DRIVERS ONLY, no PhysX, no audio, no 3d drivers and at the moment seems the PC no longer crashes.

Of course 2 days are not a proof, but I'd like to wait a little bit more. In the meantime I downloaded the DBInfoHelper.exe, so, in case of crash, I'll post the file and report.

If everything continues to go nice, I'll report in any case, to ask you for how and if I can run again SD to see what happens.

Thank you very much.

also today after an intensive use of the PC no one crash!

BUT now another potential enemy: the Windows 10 update system!

Just now I see a list of updates ready for being installed (I set to ask for...):

- malware tool update

- flash player update

- update 3097617

- NVIDIA WDDM 2.0 high definition audio

Of course I do not want to install this last update!!!

Have you guys any advice I can follow to update ONLY the first 3 instances? Does Driver Booster contain a way to select ONLY the updates I want to run and STOP forever the ones I don't want?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi marcobost,

You can find NVIDIA driver in the list of Driver Booster, and click Ignore in the dropdown menu at the end of the driver line. Then this driver update will not be scanned out in Driver Booster next time.

More easily, you can just use Vulnerability Fix scan function in ASC, in which you can ignore the specific update in the scan results list. :-)

After few days without crashes, just now I tried to run SmartDefrag on disk D full optimize and immediately the system crashed, apparently always for the NVIDIA dll... I attach the db_info as requested. Thank you for helping.

On Sun 18/10/2015 16.48.17 your computer crashed

This was likely caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys

Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFE000BBF0E010, 0xFFFFF8019D2F2D28, 0x0, 0xD)

Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

Dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\101815-29156-01.dmp

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys

product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 358.50

company: NVIDIA Corporation

description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 358.50

I'll do it, but all tools I can use for info about the system show I have installed the latest version of NVIDIA driver (only graphic drivers!!) 358.50. And it is shown also in my post #31: the report about the crash description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 358.50

Cicely, can you please ask for double checking the info I sent? Because there is something not clear. Thank you

Hi marcobost,

Our engineers found that the earliest version on your computer is 10.18.13.5382. Could you please kindly try the version we sent at http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/all/355.98-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe to check how it works?

Thanks.

Hello Cicely, maybe I misunderstood you but you wrote that my PC has version 353.82. On the contrary my PC has version 358.50. You are asking me now for downgrading to 355.98... It let me dubious, because you are thinking that I upgrade from 353.82 (your post) to 355.98.

I kindly ask for a clarification, maybe IObit engineers read the wrong file (the previous one) of my PC. Thank you.

marcobost

The confusion here seems to be whether you want to fix the crash issue or have the latest Driver.

Cicely is asking you to install version 10.18.13.5598 which the engineers recommended.

As has been stated many times here, the latest driver is not always the right one for a particular system.

Hello, here I am, again. After the installation of? the 355.98 something changed but, after 3 days without crashes, now again a crash:

On Tue 27/10/2015 17.51.58 your computer crashed

This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe

Bugcheck code: 0x18 (0x0, 0xFFFFE000949EA840, 0x10, 0x1)

Error: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\102715-30703-01.dmp

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

And I attach also the log file and info about this other known error in WIndows10 that affects several users:

Windows 10: How to fix system ntoskrnl.exe memory leak and high CPU usage

One full day without crashes after the latest changes I made following suggestions. I hope to have a little bit stable PC in the next days, so I'll report the test of Smart Defrag coming back to the topic and the reason I started this conversation. What I can say is that ?the most of the time I had a crash I was surfing using Chrome, also the last one crash of the above post. Yesterday I started using Edge.

Thank you.

Really funny, lol: crash! Always the old NVIDIA dll

On Wed 28/10/2015 17.52.44 your computer crashed

Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFE0003372E4C0, 0xFFFFF80088C8E984, 0x0, 0xD)

Dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\102815-16625-01.dmp

product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 355.98

description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 355.98

I'm thinking seriously to come back to Windows 8.1 with a clean fresh installation.

Hi marcobost,

Please download and install the driver below:

http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/single/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-580_Display_wt4_s.exe

If it fails to install, please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file.

Yes, maybe your computer is not so compatible with Windows 10 and does not greatly support it. For a normal running computer, a stable windows system is much more important than a new Windows system. :)

unfortunately it crashed in a while:

On Thu 29/10/2015 17.43.42 your computer crashed

Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFE0016F3FA4C0, 0xFFFFF80105591EB0, 0x0, 0xD)

Dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\102915-20687-01.dmp

product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 353.82

description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 353.82

• 3 weeks later...

After a couple of weeks of silence and after one full week without crashes... I scare to say WOW, finally everything goes great! But it seems...

Last November 12th Microsoft released the "new" Windows 10. I say "new" because it is not a simple upgrade: the procedure to update to it is exactly the same than upgrading from a previous OS to Windows 10. Evidently there were so many fixes that Microsoft was forced to re-update anything from the beginning.

And since that date I no longer suffer for crashes, I can intensively use Smart Defrag without any unwanted restart of the PC and I also noticed that the screen saver and suspension features of the monitor finally work (this was another well known bug of USB ports due to the OS that affected the monitor features).

Cicely, if I can do any particular test that could be of your (IObit) interest, please let me know. And... now I can't wait for ASCU9 and SD5 !!!!!

Hi marcobost,

Wow, such a good news! :-)

Congratulation that you are finally out of the crash situations.

Cheers!

Thank you Cicely. I would like to thank you and other guys that followed my troubles for the attention deserved, also and particularly because of the issue was generated by a Microsoft bug. As I said now on I hope to see the ASCU9 and SD5 available asap: great products!

Archived