IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for IObit Malware Fighter V4

Cicely

Hi Buddahfan, ACCPresidentLB and roger_m

@ Buddahfan, the scan ( Scan your PC when the system is idle) will not be interrupted even you begin using the computer. Sorry I do not fully understand the question " Does the 'System Scan" work with the scan settings set to "Scan when idle"?" Please give me more details or related screenshots.

@ACCPresidentLB, thanks for your suggestion. I will report it to our product team for consideration.

@roger_m, please send us the related screenshots to show the situation you mentioned. Besides, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV9.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hear from you.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Buddahfan

@ Buddahfan, the scan ( Scan your PC when the system is idle) will not be interrupted even you begin using the computer. Sorry I do not fully understand the question " Does the 'System Scan" work with the scan settings set to "Scan when idle"?" Please give me more details or related screenshots.

In Auto-Scan under Settings there are several methods available. Smart Scan is the default. System and Custom Scans are opitons under Method.

Do the scan options; Smart Scan, Custom Scan and System Scan under Method apply only to using scheduled scans or are they also scan options when the computer is idle? In other words if I leave Auto Scan set to scan when the computer is idle and set Method to System Scan will IMF perform a System Scan when the computer is idle?

Surfing Protection appears not to be loading in Firefox 43.0.4. Something about a *.dll file missing. Also beginning with Firefox V43 all add-ons will need to be properly signed and approved by Firefox. Could it be that Surfing Protection is not installing in Firefox 43 because it is not properly signed? You can see from the attachments that Surfing Protection is showing up under Plugins in IObit Uninstaller 5.2 but is not showing up as a Firefox Extension. It is also not disabled which would show up at the bottom of the extensions list

@Cicely I removed the file from the whitelist and did anothe Smart Scan, which found the threat again, bit did give me the option to not to remove it. However, when IMF did it's next Auto Scan, the issuse returned. The action for the threat was set to quarantine, with no option to change it. However, I foiud out, that when I right clicked, I was given the a list of actions (including whitelisting).

Unfortunately, I selected to wihtelist it before talking a screenshot. However, it is easy to replicate the issue. Leave a computer with a threat on it idle, until IMF run an Auto Scan. At the end of the scan, you will see that you can not select an action other than quarantine unless you right click on the window.

In Auto-Scan under Settings there are several methods available. Smart Scan is the default. System and Custom Scans are opitons under Method.

Do the scan options; Smart Scan, Custom Scan and System Scan under Method apply only to using scheduled scans or are they also scan options when the computer is idle? In other words if I leave Auto Scan set to scan when the computer is idle and set Method to System Scan will IMF perform a System Scan when the computer is idle?

Hi Buddahfan,

The default scan when your PC is idle is Smart Scan and you can not change it. But you can choose the scan method for Custom Scan.:-)

@Cicely I removed the file from the whitelist and did anothe Smart Scan, which found the threat again, bit did give me the option to not to remove it. However, when IMF did it's next Auto Scan, the issuse returned. The action for the threat was set to quarantine, with no option to change it. However, I foiud out, that when I right clicked, I was given the a list of actions (including whitelisting).

Unfortunately, I selected to wihtelist it before talking a screenshot. However, it is easy to replicate the issue. Leave a computer with a threat on it idle, until IMF run an Auto Scan. At the end of the scan, you will see that you can not select an action other than quarantine unless you right click on the window.

Hi roger_m,

Could you please delete the item from whitlist and send us the related screenshots to show the situation you mentioned? Because we could not reproduce the situation you mentioned.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

When the Auto Scan completes, the found threat is shown, but there are no options on how to deal with threat. There is only the checkbox to the left of the filename. If you right click, the menu shown in the screenshot is displayed and you have the option to add the selected threats to the whitelist.

• When running ASC ULTIMATE 8 (Defender is off), would it be redundant to run IObit Malware Figther 4? Alternatively, if running ASC U v.8 and Malware Fighter 4, would you advise turning off the real time protection offered in ASCU? I would imagine running the Real Time protector and IOBit Malware Fighter at the same time would be akin to running 2 virus protection programs, thus slowing system performance. Right now, I run ASCU 8 with real time protection off, and am also running IOBit Malware Fighter 4 for real-time protection. The system seems to recognize Malware Fighter as an anti-virus program.

When the Auto Scan completes, the found threat is shown, but there are no options on how to deal with threat. There is only the checkbox to the left of the filename. If you right click, the menu shown in the screenshot is displayed and you have the option to add the selected threats to the whitelist.

Hi roger_m,

Thanks for your continual reply. Currently, this is the design for IObit Malware Fighter. Generally, the threats found are real and it is suggested to remove. Add to white List is for the false positive or some special situations. Thus, it should be better to not display it directly. :-)

Hi mwiz,

Thanks for your feedback.

For the situation you mentioned, please do not worry. When you have ASC U, IObit Malware Fighter will be installed in compatible mood. Thus, it will not slow down your PC and you do not need to turn off real-time protection of ASC U.

If you have any other confusions, please feel free to tell us.:-)

Hi Buddahfan,

The default scan when your PC is idle is Smart Scan and you can not change it. But you can choose the scan method for Custom Scan.:-)

Thanks

Just thought I would pass this along

I have IMF4 Beta installed and running as my AV product on my Lenovo IdeaPad100s. This is a low end W10 laptop. Smart Scan takes just under 20 minutes which even on that computer is a bit slow. Though, memory usage appears to be okay

I did have IMF4 Beta installed on my desktops just to see. Again Windows10 recognized it as my AV product. Here the scanning times were very slow. In fact on all my desktops the System Scan was very slow. Over two to over three hours whereas a complete System Scan by Bitdefender Total Security 2016 takes anywhere from 15 to 35 minutes defending on which of my PCs I am scanning. Quite a difference. Maybe in version 5.x of IMF IObit can see if they can redo the scan engine to make the scan times more competitive with other AV products

Hi Buddahfan,

Thanks for your details reply. I will report your suggestion to our product team and hope we can make improvements in the future as you mentioned. :-)

Still no reply on my problem with Surfing Protection not working properly in Firefox 43.0.4? As my pictures showed Surfing Protection is showing as being installed but is not shown under Firefox extensions? I don't know if I am the only one with this problem or not. In any case I still think the problem might be the lack of a valid signature as now required for all extensions by Mozilla in Firefox beginning with version 43.0

For those who use the free version of your product, it will automatically deactivate Windows Defender, as it is detected as an antivirus, even when the protection is not enabled. So it has disabled my antivirus and keeps displaying that I am unprotected by an antivirus, when it is the product which is disabling it.

Hi Buddahfan and whiggs,

Buddahfan, sorry for my late reply. Yes, Surfing protection can not support Firefox 43 and above due to the signature issue as you mentioned. So you got the situation you mentioned.

@ whiggs, Windows Defender will not allow other anti-malware or anti-virus program to be detected. Once Windows Defender detect other anti-malware or anti-virus software, it will turn off automatically. Please turn on Bitdefender Engine in your IObit Malware Fighter and then you will not get the notification " unprotected by an antivirus".:-)

I love the new version! It is a more inclusive set up. I'm using it on Windows 10. No problems at all so far. Easy install and worry free not like other brands I have tried in the past. Sorry I had not tried it before.:oops:

Ditto on scrockett's comment. I am happy with IMF on my W10 laptop

but have a minor issue in Dell Dim 3000 W-XP See image.

Hi Edward27821,

Please check your network and ensure it is normal and try again.

If the issue continues, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperDumpV9.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Hi Buddahfan and whiggs,

Buddahfan, sorry for my late reply. Yes, Surfing protection can not support Firefox 43 and above due to the signature issue as you mentioned. So you got the situation you mentioned.

1. Any plans to correct this so that Surfing Protection will support Firefox 43 and above?

2. Just thought I would pass along a couple of things

2a. IMF 4.0 RC appears to run fine on Windows 10 Redstone 14257 on a x32 computer. Build 14257 is the latest update of Redstone on the Insider Fast Track. I am using IMF4.0 RC on two Levono x32 computers, the IdeaPad 100s, which is a laptop and the Mix 300 which is a two in one. Both have the same Intel Atom CPU and 2 GB RAM. I have Redstone running on the IdeaPad 100s and Threshold 1511 running on the Mix 300.

2b. I keep both of the Lenovo computers shut down when I am not using them. If I have them shut down long enough so that there is an update to the Bitdefender database while the computers are shut down the database begins updating right after I start the computers and log in which of course is excellent.

No crashes or noticeable problems with MIF 4.0 RC on either computer.

I would feel a lot better about the protection if IObit could get Surfing Protection working with Firefox.

I just ran a smart scan, and the single detected threat was automatcally quarantined. I would prefer it, if I had the option to choose what to do with the threat. I do not want to restore files from quarantine and then add them to the white list. Hopefully this can be fixed, or I will change antiviruses, as I won't use antivirus with automaitc quarantining.

Been having a huge issue with viruses and a trojan. Not pleased as I have both Malware v4 Pro and ASC 9 Pro running. Finally got rid of most of them but found it had to be done manually instead. They just seemed to reinstall themselves after being removed during a full scan and reboot. Used the uninstall and high-level file shredding a lot over the last few days. ugh I can't seem to get rid of one however as it's constantling being used but can't find where. I searched in the Task Manager and the two files with the same name csrss.exe both relate to system functions. How am I to remove a file installed as a program but uses a system name and doesn't allow changes to it? *facepalms* It's folder name is shopperz100220160001

Hi Buddahfan, roger_m and helpingkarma,

@Buddahfan, yes, we will try to communicate with Firefox and hope Surfing Protection can support Firefox 43 and above

@ roger_m, if you do not want to quarantine threats automatically when you remove them, please untick "Quarantine threats when removing them" in Scan Settings. Note: If you untick this item, the threats will be removed directly.

@helpingkarma, could you please describe the situation more clearly with related screenshots?

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com /cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Two issues on IMF 4 RC Pro:

1. Can we set a silent mode for background scans? I like background scans, but it would be nice if it simply stayed quietly in the tray unless is finds a problem.

2. Feedback didn't work from the application.

Hi bnjroo,

What do you mean by "background scans"? Do you mean auto scan? Please give us more details so that we can make improvements. :-)

Cicely I don't want any threats to be deleted or quarantined automatically. I want to be shown a list of threas when a scan has completed, and be able to chose what to do with each threat. There may be threats I want to ignore, and want to be able to do this before they are quarantined, and not having to restore the files I want to keep from the quarantine.

You may say that all everything detected should be removed, but I disagree. For example, some adware installers get detected. These are safe to use as long as you are careful to uncheck any options to install 3rd party software. As an another example, some Android rooting tools also get detected, and these are tools I use to root my Android devices, so of course I don't want to remove them.

Archived