IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Download updates

sajjansinghania

I have installed Driver Booster v3 today. It is amazing software. It does everything with complete ease.

All motherboard drivers were scanned and updated.

However, I have something to know.

Can I update as well download those driver updates on my hard disk for usage when I reload windows ??

Thanks in advance.

Hi sajjansinghania, welcome to IObit Forum! :-)

Click on Options image on the GUI and open Settings, click on Drivers section link on the left, define the Download Folder (Save all downloaded drivers to this folder):, and uncheck Automatically delete installed driver packages option checkbox.

Click Apply and then click OK buttons. That's it, you can reach the downloaded updated drivers from the folder you have defined.

Cheers.

enoskype Sir.

I did exactly as you suggested Sir.

I updated all my drivers by DB 3 and saved downloaded new drivers into my specified USB directory.

I did not save old driver backups because I have no clue what they would be required for, in future.

Now I have some more questions of I need solutions :

1. I have WinXp Sp3. I have Microsoft wireless Keyboard and Mouse. After all drivers got updated, I see in my Device Manager that DB3 has installed "Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Mouse (Intellipoint)". When I run AVG PC Tune Up 2015, this mouse device returns error.

2. All downloaded drivers have *.dbz extensions. I have no clue how would I use them when I reinstall my WinXp. Can these be converted into exe's, or there is a way that these can be used by DB3, without need to download again ?

3. Is there any way

I get alert in my email address, when there is any reply to my posts here ?

4. Do I need to save old drivers, if yes, why ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi sajjansinghania,

1. If you don't have problem with the old driver of Microsoft wireless Keyboard and Mouse, please return to your old driver and search for a new one in the origin web site of the mouse driver. The driver that Driver Booster 3 has found may be not be compatible with your specific Keyboard/Mouse.

2. The downloaded drivers are kept as *.dbz, *.dat, and *.dbz.cfg files as companions to be used by Driver Booster 3. After installing Driver Booster3 to your newly reinstalled XP, put the concerned driver files to the location you have specified in DB3, and you can install them then.

3. You are set to get notification when there is a reply to your posts, but there is a bug in the Forum known by IObit that it may not work for some users. Please correct you time zone in the forum to be correct.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

4. You may keep your old drivers in case there is a problem with the new one and perhaps the existing old one can not be found in the web.

BTW, it is a good practice to update the drivers one by one in my opinion.

Cheers.

Archived