IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Driver Booster Update Problem

Buddahfan

Delll 570MT AMD Athlon II 260 CPU

Driver Booster 3.0.3.275

Windows 10 Home 10240

Bitdefender Total Security 2016 20.0.21.1191

Problem:

Driver Booster recommended a driver update

Replacing

USB Mass Storage Device driver Microsoft 10.0.10240.16384 6/21/06

With Alcor Micro driver 1.0.38.144 (787.03 KB) 5/14/15

The update resulted in three BDTS 2016 files consuming 100% of memory. I tried to repair BDTS using their built-in repair program and Windows would not start so I had to do Windows Reset.

I have passed this information along to Bitdefender.

What is interesting is that DB recommended updating the Microsoft driver only my Windws 10 computer running on the Athlon CPU but not on any of my W10 computers running on a Intel Haswell even though the Microsoft USB Mass Storage driver also exists on all my computers running on the Intel Haswell CPU.

Anyway I put the Alcor driver update on ignore in DB so all is now GTG.

Please don't ask me to pass along any more info on this issue as I do not at the present have the time to gather it . I think the Alcor driver is probably incompatible with Windows or possibly Malware.or a was a corrupted driver.

Archived