IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IE broken for my web sites

pszilard

I have submitted the following to Support...

SUMMARY

Since installing Advanced SystemCare3 I am unable to access my web sites with IE. They work perfectly with all other browsers, like Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Opera.

DETAILS

I develop and host customer web sites, as well as provide IT Support. My sites are on an ISP's server in a data center and share the same IP address.

Since discovering your product, I've bought the PRO version for my main PC and put the free version on all my customers' PCs, however I just discovered that NONE of my sites work afterwards under Windows/IE. Even uninstalling SysCare3 and doing a Registry restore doesn't help, however a System Restore to the state prior to installing SysCare DOES fix the problem!!!

Example sites:

This is a very serious problem! I would value your quick response - and fix!

Thanks in advance,

there is a restore function in asc3. see if that does anything. also dont touch the system optimization function if you dont know how to use it.

I tried the restore, but it didn't work. I had to run System Restore.

Re Optimization: There is nothing in the Optimization screens that indicate that some sites will not work in IE but will continue to work in all other browsers! I think if there is this "side effect" than it should be highlighted and fixed.

I tried the restore, but it didn't work. I had to run System Restore.

Re Optimization: There is nothing in the Optimization screens that indicate that some sites will not work in IE but will continue to work in all other browsers! I think if there is this "side effect" than it should be highlighted and fixed.

try this: do a system restore then run ASC3 without doing optimization. Of course, could simply be a bug.

OIBitGuy, any further comments?

I can't do a system restore on my main pc without wiping out a whole lot of other changes.

What is interesting is that if if I quit ASC the problem goes away. Therefore whatever the problem is, it is something that ASC resident is doing.

OIBitGuy, any further comments?

I can't do a system restore on my main pc without wiping out a whole lot of other changes.

What is interesting is that if if I quit ASC the problem goes away. Therefore whatever the problem is, it is something that ASC resident is doing.

i wouldnt know why you would need to keep asc3 running anyway though. i just keep mines off and remove it from startup. if i clean then i clean it all at once *hint hint

i wouldnt know why you would need to keep asc3 running anyway though. i just keep mines off and remove it from startup. if i clean then i clean it all at once *hint hint

Well that raises an interesting question. What IS the intended purpose of ASC3 auto-starting? Does it give some added protection? I actually paid for the "Pro" license, so do I get more services if it is resident in memory?

I still haven't heard back from IOBitGuy - hint, hint!

Well that raises an interesting question. What IS the intended purpose of ASC3 auto-starting? Does it give some added protection? I actually paid for the "Pro" license, so do I get more services if it is resident in memory?

lol. well there is autoclean which is the main purpose but i dont like autocleaning. also you can add smartram to autorun. to remove it from startup just go to settings>remove from startup.

I have the same problem with 4 pc with ASC free.In another pc i had the same problems then when i upgraded ASC to pro the problems finished (sorry for my bad english, i'm an italian man.

In the 4 pc with ASC free nothing change if i stop the soft from running, also if i try to reverte the changes using restore.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Hi Paul

If one has chosen the automatic functions in the program - it makes sense to let it start up with Windows I think.

If one hasn't then it doesn't I guess.

About system optimization, this is a function that focus very much on resources, and I guess that if one wants to highlight some functions one might as well highlight all. It depends on what the user in question wants to achieve. So one has to go through them and make an informed guess as to what is to be put in the ignore list and what not.

Cheers

solbjerg

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it has now been almost a whole month since I've raised this, and I still get zero support from IOBits. I am disgusted, and I want to know how I can get a refund for my "Pro" paid license?

I shall stop advising my customers to use ASC3 and remove all that I have installed.

I am really disappointed that even though I had the "IOBit Guy" and another administrator read this, so clearly the developers are notified, no-one has made the slightest attempt to fix the problem.

Hi Paul

My guess is that no one has been able to duplicate your findings.

Perhaps it is a "case of mistaken identity"

Usually when I talk about optimization I mean the cleaning operation of the system optimization, where one has to click on "problems found" and configure what to clean and what to put in the ignore list, before one clicks clean.

If one has done the cleaning without doing that the first time, the system optimization will display no problems in future scans, because one has actually asked it to clean out all it percieves as problems (which often is settings that uses more resources)

Is this the problem?

Cheers

solbjerg

Well, it has now been almost a whole month since I've raised this, and I still get zero support from IOBits. I am disgusted, and I want to know how I can get a refund for my "Pro" paid license?

I shall stop advising my customers to use ASC3 and remove all that I have installed.

I am really disappointed that even though I had the "IOBit Guy" and another administrator read this, so clearly the developers are notified, no-one has made the slightest attempt to fix the problem.

Hi Paul

I hadn't tried - I read in a previous post that enoskype had tried and found no problem.

I have just now tried - and your link displayes an empty page when finished here by me. It worked like that regardless of ASC was running or not.

I also saw that you have had a similar problem a couple of years ago, - which I understood was solved?

Most of us here are users trying to be helpful - this goes for most administrators and moderators too.

Cheers

solbjerg

Have you tried? It is simple: from any PC with ASC3 running go to the following url, both from IE and from Firefox and then report back if they work. Should take at least 30 seconds.

Try http://www.remektek.com.au/

Well?

Well, I don't know if someone is having a great joke at my expense, but since my earlier post today, my site doesn't display anything! Yet if I ftp in, I can see all my files there intact. And this now happens on any browser, so something had definitely changed in the last hour.

Also someone had broken my templating mechanism too.

This must have been done by someone a lot smarter than I, so I ask this person to be so kind as to tell me how it was done and how to restore it as it is quite damaging.

Thanks in advance,

Sorry for your plight Paul

By me it says redirected - and then adds /wb/ to your address.

But still without displaying anything but a blank page.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. perhaps a rather unchristian pearl diver?

Well, I don't know if someone is having a great joke at my expense, but since my earlier post today, my site doesn't display anything! Yet if I ftp in, I can see all my files there intact. And this now happens on any browser, so something had definitely changed in the last hour.

Also someone had broken my templating mechanism too.

This must have been done by someone a lot smarter than I, so I ask this person to be so kind as to tell me how it was done and how to restore it as it is quite damaging.

Thanks in advance,

Well, it seems that the problem was internal. The hoster updated my PHP from 4 to 5 and some of the accesses were set wrongly.

It seems to be all working, except of course when looked at via IE.

Perhaps you could take another look with IE and Firefox?

Cheers,

Checked your link

Hi pszilard-sorry I wasn't following this thread til now.I can access your link(I seem to recall checking a couple of your sites when you first posted)with Firefox (open in new tab)in about one second.And just for you I opened IE and accessed your link(open in new tab)in about two seconds with a quick flash on the tab "redirect" and back to site ID just before opening.Firefox shows website name on tab while opening with no sign of a redirect-have done this several times and because FF is twice as fast,can't tell if there's a redirect-but I would have to say no.Either way,got to the site with IE in about two seconds- all attempts successful-hope this helps

Hi Paul

It works now (both browsers) a second or two for both. (regardless if ASC is running or not)

Congratulation!

Cheers

solbjerg

Well, it seems that the problem was internal. The hoster updated my PHP from 4 to 5 and some of the accesses were set wrongly.

It seems to be all working, except of course when looked at via IE.

Perhaps you could take another look with IE and Firefox?

Cheers,

Archived