IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IE broken for my web sites

pszilard

Well, I am totally mystified. I have here a customer's PC. I connected to the internet and using IE I can browse my site.

I then installed ASC3 Free edition, and ran through all it's standard cleanup/protection. Removed all Spyware, corrected registry, etc. etc. I then rebooted and ASC3 reloads. I fire up IE and try to go to my site and it is blank. I then quit ASC3 and quit/re-start IE. This time my site comes up again.

I have now done these steps on about 6 PCs at 4 different sites with the same result every time.

Perhaps I am going mad, but I can't figure it out. And remember that Firefox works always.

I could shoot a U-Tube video, if you like, but still there is no explanation.

Anyway, this thread is becoming a bit of a bore, and I am sure it is not going anywhere. I am not trying to be difficult. I'll just have to channel my time into something else.

Have a great new year, all who read this...

Hi Paul,

I wish we knew your specific setup of the options of ASC3, as, it must be an option used or an automation that non of us here using and not able to repeat your problem.

This doesn't mean that I want you spend some more time on it, but it is out of my curiosity.

I hope IObit can repeat the situation and find a solution.

Thanks for the new year wishes, same from me too.

Cheers.

Hi Paul

To me it sounds like one of the problems we often see after a "cleaning" of the system optimization, where one has to click at the "problems" it finds and put those one does not want to change and therefore has to be "ignored" - that is to say - put in the ignore list (under all tabs). But this has to be done the first time it runs - before clicking repair.

Cheers

solbjerg

Well, I am totally mystified. I have here a customer's PC. I connected to the internet and using IE I can browse my site.

I then installed ASC3 Free edition, and ran through all it's standard cleanup/protection. Removed all Spyware, corrected registry, etc. etc. I then rebooted and ASC3 reloads. I fire up IE and try to go to my site and it is blank. I then quit ASC3 and quit/re-start IE. This time my site comes up again.

I have now done these steps on about 6 PCs at 4 different sites with the same result every time.

Perhaps I am going mad, but I can't figure it out. And remember that Firefox works always.

I could shoot a U-Tube video, if you like, but still there is no explanation.

Anyway, this thread is becoming a bit of a bore, and I am sure it is not going anywhere. I am not trying to be difficult. I'll just have to channel my time into something else.

Have a great new year, all who read this...

Paul - I hadn't noticed this thread before, but I'm seeing the same thing you are. With ASC3 installed but not running, I can access your web site using IE. If I fire up ASC3 without restarting IE, I can still get to your site. If I restart IE, or start IE after ASC3, your site returns a "Not Found The requested document was not found on this server" error. I have to close ASC3 and restart IE again to be able to get back to your site. Firefox is not affected.

Thank GOD! At last I am not the only one!

Important note: the problem is not my site only, but every site that is hosted on the same server. Some are built using a CMS, but some use static html programming.

I forgot to mention that all my PCs are on SP3 and most use Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 - however it looks like you can see the same problem finally, without Kaspersky.

I am looking forward to your findings...

Hi Paul, Dave and enoskype

Can't duplicate your findings here on my home computer Dave - it just works!! ???

Cheers

solbjerg

Paul - I hadn't noticed this thread before, but I'm seeing the same thing you are. With ASC3 installed but not running, I can access your web site using IE. If I fire up ASC3 without restarting IE, I can still get to your site. If I restart IE, or start IE after ASC3, your site returns a "Not Found The requested document was not found on this server" error. I have to close ASC3 and restart IE again to be able to get back to your site. Firefox is not affected.

Hello, we have fixed this problem! Please download the latest version from download.iobit.com/asc-setup.exe

It has something to do with your server I think. We only set the "UserAgent" value of the "Latest News" browser as "MS Internet Explorer", and your web server is not compatible with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived