IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Norton blocks install of version IMF 3.4.x ..

randybell2

Tried to update IMF to the latest version 3.4.0.9 and Norton blocks everything! Unless you go through, step by step, and tell Norton to unblock all that it blocks with the Autoprotect and Firewall security, you will never get IMF installed. This could be a major issue you need to look into since Norton Security is, I think, the most popular security product in the world. :(

H Randybell2,

Thanks for your reply.

It is a false positive and Norton has removed it. Please update your database of Norton to see whether the issue continues.

If it does, please send us the related screenshots.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yes, I've been able to enter exceptions to allow install and upgrade to IMF. I've noticed Norton lately is blocking a lot of IOBit software installs - blocking all attempts to connect back to the Mother Ship (IObit Servers): I mean, for the purposes of registration, update, etc. Norton detects some things as "Suspicious.Cloud.9" - which I think is a heuristic detection based on behavior and not based on signatures. If the Norton Firewall sees what it thinks is suspicious outbound traffic, it will jump in and block it - but you the user have opportunity to make an exception and let it through the firewall.

Also I am wondering: I just discovered I have inadvertently created two accounts here - is there a way for me to keep this account and delete the other one? Or should I just leave it alone and login under this account from now on? Sorry for the off topic question but I thought to ask since you're a moderator, it seems. Thx ..

Archived