IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Smart Defrag v5

Cicely

Just submitted this through your email system. Thought I'd post it here as well.

DATETIME: 3/16/2016 2:08:57 PM

SYSTEM: Windows 10 (10.0)

LOCALE: en-US

E-MAIL: **********************

DESCRIPTION:

I love this software, but one issue I've run into is when I choose 'defrag and optimize.'

It runs through normally at the beginning. When it gets to 19% (on the bottom progress bar) and 78%

(on the top), it goes through fits between .09% and .78%.

I just ran another, and it seems to get stuck at the same files. It got stuck at 13%. No Fragmentation

rate shown.

A third one got me stuck at 9%. No Fragmentation Rate shown.

This didn’t happen with the last few versions.

Note: attempted to send from in-app feedback system, and received an error.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really like Final Fantasy 14 added to the game defrag or a option to rename manually added files. your manual files look all nice but we are stuck with manual names like ffxiv_dx11.exe. a manual rename option would be nice in this case.

All settings. It was 2 times, and I dunno what the reason was. But before it, programm got "freezed".

For "Large files defrag", ignoring this option can increase disk preformance, cuz those large files can be in "fast" disk area, and will be better to move them to the end of the disk, to the "slow" area. I read about it. However, you know for sure

Hi Alexander Kozin,

Please install the latest Smart Defrag v5 RC to see if it can solve the issue about "SD 5 beta 1 can reset settings to defaults" : http://www.iobit.com/downloadcenter.php?product=sd-pre

Just submitted this through your email system. Thought I'd post it here as well.

DATETIME: 3/16/2016 2:08:57 PM

SYSTEM: Windows 10 (10.0)

LOCALE: en-US

E-MAIL: **********************

DESCRIPTION:

I love this software, but one issue I've run into is when I choose 'defrag and optimize.'

It runs through normally at the beginning. When it gets to 19% (on the bottom progress bar) and 78%

(on the top), it goes through fits between .09% and .78%.

I just ran another, and it seems to get stuck at the same files. It got stuck at 13%. No Fragmentation

rate shown.

A third one got me stuck at 9%. No Fragmentation Rate shown.

This didn’t happen with the last few versions.

Note: attempted to send from in-app feedback system, and received an error.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi Ilthana,

1.Do you mean that when you use Smart Defrag, it will get stuck?

2.To help you out of the problem, please send us the related screenshots for us to look into.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Besides, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/SD5InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop, please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

I would really like Final Fantasy 14 added to the game defrag or a option to rename manually added files. your manual files look all nice but we are stuck with manual names like ffxiv_dx11.exe. a manual rename option would be nice in this case.

Hi Arthas2k,

Thanks for your suggestion. We will convey it to our product team.|;-)

Hi.

After using SD 4 PRO for several days, I've noticed the following:

SD doesn't remember the setting for USB Flash drives, for example I've set for one USB drive that SD recognizes it as SSD and activated the checkmark so that SD automatically trim my USB flash, but after removing the media and inserting it again, SD again detects it as HDD and the checkmark is disabled.

I guess SD should remember every removable media setting

Hi ektorbarajas?

Thanks for your suggestion. We will convey it to our product team.Thumbs up

Hi Cicely.

Currently I don't have a way to test Smart Defrag v5 and since my Windows 10 laptop is working pretty good with ASC pro 9 and SD 4 pro, I don't want to uninstall SD 4 pro.

Let me see If I'm able to manage to test this on a virtual machine or on another computer, will keep you informed.

Thanks

Move fails on several large files

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n215734[/ATTACH]

Hi Edward27821,

To help you out of the problem, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/SD5InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop, please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

• Like 1

Hi Cicely.

Currently I don't have a way to test Smart Defrag v5 and since my Windows 10 laptop is working pretty good with ASC pro 9 and SD 4 pro, I don't want to uninstall SD 4 pro.

Let me see If I'm able to manage to test this on a virtual machine or on another computer, will keep you informed.

Thanks

Hi ektorbarajas?

Thanks for your supporting.

Should you have further questions, please feel free to contact us.:-)

Hello Cicely,

I've noticed that a process named sdproxy.exe*32 is running during the defrag process... Why :?:

Regarding translation:

Is PrivacyScanner a new part of SD5 :?:

Thanks for your answer:-)

SOLVED

Seems that they have ruled me out - don't know why.:idea:

SOLVED

Seems that they have ruled me out - don't know why.:idea:

Hi Sarakael,

Sdproxy.exe*32 is a new part of SD5. After finishing defrag, it won’t show.

But PrivacyScanner is not a new part of SD5.

Thanks for your understanding and wish you have a good day!:oops:

Thanks for the answer.

Cause I can't get any contact to support2 and sdfeedback I've to use this way.

Let me know if I should proceed with the correct translation.

Below you'll find 2 screenshots of SD5 RC GUI.

1. Translation is completely nonsense

2. Translation correctly

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n215804[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n215805[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the answer.

Cause I can't get any contact to support2 and sdfeedback I've to use this way.

Let me know if I should proceed with the correct translation.

Below you'll find 2 screenshots of SD5 RC GUI.

1. Translation is completely nonsense

2. Translation correctly

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n215804[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n215805[/ATTACH]

Hi Sarakael,

Thanks for your suggestion. We will convey it to our product team. |;-)

A couple of suggestions:

The reamining time shown is very inaccurate and could be improved.

In soem cases a driver will not be able to defragmented effectivey due limited free space, leaving the driver sill heavily fragmented after running Smat Defrag. It would be helpful if Smart Defrag could give a notification that there was not enough free space, so it is clear that this is cause for drive not being defragged fully, rather than the user possibly thinking that Smart Defrag isn't working properly.

A couple of suggestions:

The reamining time shown is very inaccurate and could be improved.

In soem cases a driver will not be able to defragmented effectivey due limited free space, leaving the driver sill heavily fragmented after running Smat Defrag. It would be helpful if Smart Defrag could give a notification that there was not enough free space, so it is clear that this is cause for drive not being defragged fully, rather than the user possibly thinking that Smart Defrag isn't working properly.

Hi roger_m?

Nice suggestion! We will convey it to our product team.

Thanks so much!Thumbs up

Hi Edward27821,

To help you out of the problem, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/SD5InfoHelper.exe

OK here it is with a latest screenshot.

Hi Cicely.

Thanks

Hey @ektorbarajas

I have both SD4 & SD5 on my W10 machine and on an old XP machine. I do not know if this causes an issue (need input from moderators).

This may not work for you (need input from moderators).

SD5 installer requires SD4 (or other older versions) to be uninstalled. However, if you still have (and can locate) the original SD4 setup file, it probably can be reinstalled after installing SD5.

Why would you want to open the folder after it has been deframented. What would it tell you??

May not tell me anything. However, this could possibly be a shortcut to delete the file. This particular log file has a tendency to become massive and sometimes will not defragment.

SystemExplorer constantly writes to its log file.