IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Upgraded to Pro - Now no Flash Player

car22

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can advise please. I upgraded to ASC Pro a few days ago and after running all the checks, I can no longer get Flash Player to work.

Have been to Adobe website and followed all their troubleshooting advice - uninstalling tool etc. etc., but all to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Please note that I am a techie numptie - hence the reason for the upgrade! So, simple instructions would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance.

hello car22

What does this site say you have installed?

http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can advise please. I upgraded to ASC Pro a few days ago and after running all the checks, I can no longer get Flash Player to work.

Have been to Adobe website and followed all their troubleshooting advice - uninstalling tool etc. etc., but all to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Please note that I am a techie numptie - hence the reason for the upgrade! So, simple instructions would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Thank you both for your responses.

When I click on the link I got the Flash Player page.

What's happening when I go to download is that it flashes for a second and then says I have 'successfully installed'. I don't get the usual options appear e.g. to 'save' or 'run' or 'install'?!

I'm a seller on eBay and use an Auctiva scrolling showcase in listings and that's where flash should come in - but doesn't.

As an example on this website I just get the 'f' showing in the boxes to the left under 'Time on Mars'.

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html

I'll have a look at doing a restore of ASC3 or system restore.

However, won't it happen again when I run the checks? Should I therefore be adding something to an 'exceptions' or 'ignore' section and if so what?

Hi carr22,

Can you download the "flashpublish.zip" file in this thread , and extract it to the folders described as there and double click "HotHotSoftware3DMenu.htm" and tell us if that flash is running on an IE window?

If it is running, right click on it, and click on "About Flash Player 10...", and can you tell us what it says on the opening IE window about "Version Information"?

Cheers.

Hi again car22

What I meant was that if you go a bit further down on that page, it gives information on what you have installed on the system.

Do you have the program in control panel/install-uninstall programs?

Do you there have an option of repair?

If you don't then try to download the full program and install it - preferably by downloding it and unblocking it first.

And finally do you have it in your exceptions in your firewall?

Good luck!

I had some trouble with that a year or two ago, but threw out my old program, downloaded the full program and installed it, and haven't thought about it since.

In system optimization in ASC, check if there is an item it wants to optimize that look as if it could have something to do with your connection and programs you won't have changed, right click on those and choose ignore. This places them in the ignore list.

I am sorry that I don't remember the files in question, so you have to make an informed guess yourself.

Cheerio

solbjerg

Thank you both for your responses.

When I click on the link I got the Flash Player page.

What's happening when I go to download is that it flashes for a second and then says I have 'successfully installed'. I don't get the usual options appear e.g. to 'save' or 'run' or 'install'?!

I'm a seller on eBay and use an Auctiva scrolling showcase in listings and that's where flash should come in - but doesn't.

As an example on this website I just get the 'f' showing in the boxes to the left under 'Time on Mars'.

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html

I'll have a look at doing a restore of ASC3 or system restore.

However, won't it happen again when I run the checks? Should I therefore be adding something to an 'exceptions' or 'ignore' section and if so what?

Hi carr22,

Can you download the "flashpublish.zip" file in this thread , and extract it to the folders described as there and double click "HotHotSoftware3DMenu.htm" and tell us if that flash is running on an IE window?

If it is running, right click on it, and click on "About Flash Player 10...", and can you tell us what it says on the opening IE window about "Version Information"?

Cheers.

Right followed the above instructions and got the 3D page working fine. Seems to be o.k. on eBay page too now - thanks.

Hi again car22

What I meant was that if you go a bit further down on that page, it gives information on what you have installed on the system.

Do you have the program in control panel/install-uninstall programs?

Do you there have an option of repair?

If you don't then try to download the full program and install it - preferably by downloding it and unblocking it first.

And finally do you have it in your exceptions in your firewall?

Good luck!

I had some trouble with that a year or two ago, but threw out my old program, downloaded the full program and installed it, and haven't thought about it since.

In system optimization in ASC, check if there is an item it wants to optimize that look as if it could have something to do with your connection and programs you won't have changed, right click on those and choose ignore. This places them in the ignore list.

I am sorry that I don't remember the files in question, so you have to make an informed guess yourself.

Cheerio

solbjerg

I have been to Exceptions tab and add programs and only thing that came up was 'Flash Util 10a' - which I have added. Hope that was the right route!

Will now go and check out ASC - system optimisation etc.

Thanks a million.

• 6 months later...

well i had the same problem but i thought i tired something and click on a script file and BAM i downloaded windows script 5.7 and it worked. i know i know its totally unrelated but try it for those that can't get adobe flash player to work.

Archived