IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

System Care destroyed my computer.

Simonkroeyer

Hello, i installed ASC and ran it on my dad's computer, because he was complaining about it getting slow. i allso ran malware fighter and driver booster, ( not simultainous )

When i went to restart it, on the restarting screen there came up an warning that (i think Svchost) didnt exist, couldnt act on it before the system restarted. and now this is what happends (refer to video) it just keeps going crazy with the fan, its not overheating but the fan is acting crazy, and the screen is just black, nothing ever happends. it just keeps going crazy, i cant even reach the BIOS...

He isnt complaining about his computer being slow anymore though....

What am i gonna do!?!

EDIT:

His computer runs Windows XP 32bit.

hmm attached link wont let me refer to a video on Facebook, so heres the link: https://www.facebook.com/lasse.hanse...0769791146409/

https://www.facebook.com/lasse.hansen.75873/videos/1690769791146409/

Hi Simonkroeyer

Welcome to the forum.

Please give more detail. Which version of ASC have you got. Did you update any drivers with Driver Booster. If so how many.

Your problem is most likely due to a bad driver update.

Can you get into safe mode. If so then Open ASC manually in safe mode and go to the Rescue Centre of ASC. Then do a system restore to a time before your problem occurred. This will revert the drivers back to the old version which worked fine.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Simonkroeyer

Welcome to the forum.

Please give more detail. Which version of ASC have you got. Did you update any drivers with Driver Booster. If so how many.

Your problem is most likely due to a bad driver update.

Can you get into safe mode. If so then Open ASC manually in safe mode and go to the Rescue Centre of ASC. Then do a system restore to a time before your problem occurred. This will revert the drivers back to the old version which worked fine.

Look forward to hearing from you.

i Just downloaded it 5 min before launching it, so the newest ver. And i updated 2 drivers, and 5 "Gaming Components" , 1 was network Driver. ( Edit im not certain but i think it was an audio driver)

and no icant get into safe mode, i cant even reach the bios, the monitor wont even recognice the computer is on.

What make is your pc. If you have the manual see if there is a method of accessing the bios. Some manufacturers provide a method of gaining access if the F8 function does not work.

You need to get to the Restore function to undo the changes. If you have a system disc you could boot from that. If you have access to another pc you could create an xp rescue disc which will get you into the system restore.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c00362163

I have looked the manual through and i cannot seem to find such an button

ah i found out my dad had upgraded to Win7, my mistake. and he does have win 7 Disc. gonna try and see what it says, but i doubt it will work when the monitor doesnt react at all.

And do you have a link with a guide on how i can create an rescue disc, using my own computer?

What make is your pc. If you have the manual see if there is a method of accessing the bios. Some manufacturers provide a method of gaining access if the F8 function does not work.

You need to get to the Restore function to undo the changes. If you have a system disc you could boot from that. If you have access to another pc you could create an xp rescue disc which will get you into the system restore.

i think it might have been the Screen card( dunno the enlish name for this driver, sorry) which had an update, ( i remember it as an audio driver though) i tried switching other monitors to his PC, and nothing will recognice a signal.

There is no point trying to guess. If it was the screen card then no monitor will work as the card controls the monitor.

Switch of the computer. unplug the power cord. Wait a few minutes. Replace the power cord. Start the pc. Watch if the disc activity light is blinking, which would indicate it is booting, When the activity stops (which would mean the pc has booted) unplug the monitor, Wait two minutes and plug the monitor back in. This may force the pc to re-access the monitor.

Here is a link for the rescue disc.

There is no point trying to guess. If it was the screen card then no monitor will work as the card controls the monitor.

Switch of the computer. unplug the power cord. Wait a few minutes. Replace the power cord. Start the pc. Watch if the disc activity light is blinking, which would indicate it is booting, When the activity stops (which would mean the pc has booted) unplug the monitor, Wait two minutes and plug the monitor back in. This may force the pc to re-access the monitor.

Here is a link for the rescue disc.

Tried doing it step by step, didnt work. and for the recovery part, i cant boot it from the disc without having something visual, there are options i need to select in order to boot to the CD, which i cannot see.. how the **** can your software, do this to my dad's PC..

And neither of it explains why the fans are going crazy..

I am trying to assist you here. If you become abusive or derogatory, this assistance will stop. Inappropriate language will not be tolerated.

You obviously did not read the product manuals for the Iobit software before using it. If you had you would have taken certain precautions. Also you should have researched Driver Booster before using it, either in the forum or on the web. It is always a risk to use software without researching it and ensuring the software settings suit your system.

The two articles I posted deal specifically with the monitor issue. Go through them. I am sure the solution is there, Once the monitor is sorted it is easy to to fix the driver issue.

I am trying to assist you here. If you become abusive or derogatory, this assistance will stop. Inappropriate language will not be tolerated.

You obviously did not read the product manuals for the Iobit software before using it. If you had you would have taken certain precautions. Also you should have researched Driver Booster before using it, either in the forum or on the web. It is always a risk to use software without researching it and ensuring the software settings suit your system.

The two articles I posted deal specifically with the monitor issue. Go through them. I am sure the solution is there, Once the monitor is sorted it is easy to to fix the driver issue.

I know you are trying to assist me, and i didnt swear, i didnt want to but this is very frustrating for me, so i posted some * to emphasize that, i did try the articles you sent me, going over them several times. nothing worked..

This one is the most helpful one but didnt help

"

1. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press one of the following keyboard keys. Press the key about once every second for 5 seconds after turning the computer on.
    • For HP and Compaq computers that came with Windows 7 or Windows Vista, press F10.
    • For HP and Compaq computers that came with Windows XP, press F1.
    • For Compaq Presario desktop computers built prior to 2002, press F10.

[*]Wait another 5 seconds.

[*]Press the F5 key. This restores the default settings of the BIOS.

[*]Press the Enter key. This accepts the changes.

[*]Press the F10 key. This saves the changes.

[*]Press the Enter key. This saves the changes and exits from the BIOS."

i heard a click from the PC when i pressed f1, but still didnt help me when i proceeded.

Nope, all we have is an Windows 7 installation disc. in denmark when we buy computer's and the OS is pre-installed, we are never given discs to acompany the PC.. i never understood this.

Just read up on it, appearently you have to ask for the disc, but his PC is 10 years old. so not anything we can get our hands on.

And i've tried it around 20 times, to no avail at the moment. :/

VGA will not work. That is the same as your monitor which is driven by the same card. Try other connections ....s-video/usb/bluetooth/wireless....

Ahh okay, seems like i will have to get my hands on a S-Video cable, i dont seem to have one lying around, Thanks for the help so far, i will get back to you in on monday, when i have tried the cable.:-)

Sorry to hear that. Try downloading a bootable system repair and recovery disc. Have a look Here.

If your video card is standalone ( not part of the motherboard) you could try removing it, restart the pc without it. Then power down the pc and reinstall it. Then restart the pc. This may force the system to repair itself.

You should also send a email to support@iobit.com and reference this Topic in the email.

Archived